interesting topics in network security?

by ACLerok
Tags: interesting, network, security, topics
ACLerok
Apr22-08, 11:12 AM
P: 202
I need to come up with a topic to present in one of my classes but I'm having a hard time coming up with something. I thought about doing a presentation on video security or how a cable box is securing the incoming video but someone else is doing it. I thought about maybe doing it on some type of encryption scheme but it seems kind of boring. That said, does anyone know of any interesting topics in cryptology and network security?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Lemurs match scent of a friend to sound of her voice
Repeated self-healing now possible in composite materials
'Heartbleed' fix may slow Web performance
g33kski11z
Apr22-08, 11:21 AM
P: 93
For my effective public speaking class, I presented on how to save a video from youtube. Class loved it, teacher.. not so much..
wontmakeit221
Apr22-08, 04:59 PM
P: 7
I have always enjoyed using a packet sniffer to demonstrate how an SSL certificate works. Best way to demonstrate is by running 2 computers, one the sniffer and one the "victim." It is quite an eyeopener.

ACLerok
Apr23-08, 10:24 AM
P: 202

interesting topics in network security?

Quote Quote by wontmakeit221 View Post
I have always enjoyed using a packet sniffer to demonstrate how an SSL certificate works. Best way to demonstrate is by running 2 computers, one the sniffer and one the "victim." It is quite an eyeopener.
sounds interesting though i don't have to demo anything, just present an idea. I'll look into this
wontmakeit221
Apr23-08, 08:48 PM
P: 7
If you aren't doing a demonstration, you could always explain how a DoS attack works. The packet sniffer is great if you do a demo though.
Levtechllc
Apr23-08, 09:20 PM
P: 3
Those are the most basic fundamentals. I have worked for romainggear,com for a while. Got some good deals but I would set up computers and try to use DoS on them. Essentialy it is a great deal to learn but not hard to see. i like that idea.
levtechllc

Register to reply