Remote Volume Control for 2-channel Pyle Pro Amplifier

In summary: Depending upon how the amplifier was designed, and also how exactly it was built (what sort of components, mountings, etc.) this could be either trivial or really painful. Without being able to take one apart to look at how it was built, I couldn't say.
MaNiAc2k
Hi,
i want to know if there is a possibility to add a remote volume control to this amplifier above.
I just have to control the volume of both channels.
The buttons themselves don't have to move, just the power should go up and down by the remote.

Please let me know if anyone has an idea.

Regards

Engineering news on Phys.org
The normal way of doing this would be to add an audio control unit between the source and the amp, set the amp buttons to max and the control unit sets the power.
Perhaps you can find a remote control audio mixer of some sort.
Or you could build one.
Modifying the amp itself would void any warranty.

Depending upon how the amplifier was designed, and also how exactly it was built (what sort of components, mountings, etc.) this could be either trivial or really painful. Without being able to take one apart to look at how it was built, I couldn't say.

- Warren

MaNiAc2k said:
Hi,
i want to know if there is a possibility to add a remote volume control to this amplifier above.
I just have to control the volume of both channels.
The buttons themselves don't have to move, just the power should go up and down by the remote.

Please let me know if anyone has an idea.

Regards

Maybe you should try this

http://www.keene.co.uk/electronic/keene-electronics/keene-electronics-volume-remote-control/VRCE.html

Keene Volume Remote Control

Ever wished your amplifier had remote control for the volume? Now you can easily add IR remote control to most amplifiers with this simple device. It has two phono sockets for line in and two for line out. Simply connect it in line, position the IR receiver wherever you find convenient and have easy volume adjustment. LEDs for power and confirmation of up and down commands.

It can be used in a number of ways:

Inline in between pre/power amp combinations

Within tape line out/line in loop (if vacant) with the amp set to tape monitor

In between say CD player line out and amp line in (to control that device volume only)

Inserted In the audio output line of say a satellite receiver to balance the volume relative to other devices connected to your AV amp or TV

or you can try with a remote controlled passive preamplifier

http://store.qkits.com/moreinfo.cfm/K8022

Passive Pre Amp Kit with RF Remote Control

This one comes as a kit

http://www.whatcircuits.com/store/remote-172526-B0002NRJX6-Ramsey_ICI2C_Infrared_Audio_Control_Interface_Kit.html

Features:
• Control ANY audio equipment!
• Controls audio levels from any of your equipment!
• Learns the signal from your existing IR remote controls!
• 2-Channel RCA audio in/out connections
• Electronic kit, assembly required

NoTime Re: Remote Volume Control for 2-channel Pyle Pro Amplifier

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The normal way of doing this would be to add an audio control unit between the source and the amp, set the amp buttons to max and the control unit sets the power.
Perhaps you can find a remote control audio mixer of some sort
Or you could build one.
Modifying the amp itself would void any warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How does remote volume control work for a 2-channel Pyle Pro Amplifier?

Remote volume control for a 2-channel Pyle Pro Amplifier works by using a remote control device to adjust the volume on the amplifier. The remote control sends a signal to the amplifier, which then adjusts the volume accordingly.

2. Can any remote control be used for the 2-channel Pyle Pro Amplifier?

No, not all remote controls can be used for the 2-channel Pyle Pro Amplifier. The amplifier is designed to work with specific remote controls that are compatible with its system. It is important to check the compatibility of the remote control before attempting to use it with the amplifier.

3. How do I set up the remote volume control for the 2-channel Pyle Pro Amplifier?

To set up the remote volume control for the 2-channel Pyle Pro Amplifier, you will need to first ensure that the remote control is compatible with the amplifier. Then, follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer to program the remote control to work with the amplifier.

4. Can I control the volume for each channel separately with the remote control?

Yes, the remote volume control for the 2-channel Pyle Pro Amplifier allows you to adjust the volume for each channel separately. This allows for more precise and customized control over the sound output.

5. What is the range of the remote control for the 2-channel Pyle Pro Amplifier?

The range of the remote control for the 2-channel Pyle Pro Amplifier varies depending on the specific model and design. However, most remote controls have a range of at least 50 feet, allowing you to control the amplifier from a distance.