Forward resistance of the Base -Emmiter Junction?

In summary, the forward resistance of the Base-Emitter Junction was measured to be 12ohms when using a (x1) resistance scale of an analogue multimeter and 70ohms when using a (x10) scale factor. This variation is due to different bias potentials applied by the meter.
rclakmal

Homework Statement

Forward resistance of the Base -Emitter Junction showed a value of 12ohms when it was measured by (x1) resistance scale of an analogue multimeter .And it showed 70ohms when it was measured using (x 10)
scale factor .The variation in the two readings occurs due to

1.the presence of Base Collector junction
2.thin base region
3.Different bias potentials applied by the meter
4.An error in the multimeter

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

This is an MCQ question and i don't have any-works to show >But i personally think answer should be C.Can anyone help me !

Physics news on Phys.org
no answers for 5 hours !

rclakmal said:
i personally think answer should be C.

It sounds like you might be guessing. If you explain your thought process, it would be easier to help you.

The transistor has a dynamic emitter resistance, Re, which depends on the collector current. Collector current is a function of...

The base emitter junction of a BJT behaves just like any other diode and its resistance varies with voltage. The curve of this function is very non linear.

So, yes, I think your answer is correct.
3.Different bias potentials applied by the meter

What is the definition of "Forward resistance of the Base-Emmiter Junction"?

The forward resistance of the base-emitter junction is the resistance that exists when a forward voltage is applied across the base-emitter junction in a transistor. This resistance is important in determining the current flow and functionality of the transistor.

How is the forward resistance of the Base-Emmiter Junction measured?

The forward resistance of the base-emitter junction is typically measured using a multimeter in diode mode. The multimeter will apply a small forward voltage and measure the resulting current flow to calculate the resistance.

What factors affect the forward resistance of the Base-Emmiter Junction?

The forward resistance of the base-emitter junction is influenced by various factors such as temperature, doping levels of the semiconductor material, and the physical dimensions of the junction. As these factors change, the forward resistance will also change.

How does the forward resistance of the Base-Emmiter Junction impact the functionality of a transistor?

The forward resistance of the base-emitter junction plays a crucial role in determining the gain and switching speed of a transistor. A lower forward resistance will result in a higher gain and faster switching speed, while a higher forward resistance will have the opposite effect.

What is the typical range of values for the forward resistance of the Base-Emmiter Junction?

The forward resistance of the base-emitter junction can vary greatly depending on the type and design of the transistor. However, in general, it can range from a few ohms to several hundred ohms, with smaller values being more desirable for optimal transistor performance.