Scientific symbols online

by MikeBeer
Tags: scientific, symbols
MikeBeer
Aug8-09, 01:32 AM
P: 8
This may be the wrong place to put this thread, but it appeared to be the best option. Does anyone know of an easier way to set up physics equations online other then finding the keystroke or inserting a symbol? It's a pain to hold ALT on my mac and hit every key trying to find an integral symbol or a delta. Did everyone else just memorize where they are or is there an easier way? Thanks in advance!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Lemurs match scent of a friend to sound of her voice
Repeated self-healing now possible in composite materials
'Heartbleed' fix may slow Web performance
cristo
Aug8-09, 02:28 AM
Mentor
P: 8,287
You could either use the character pallete, and select the symbol from there, or open the keyboard viewer so that when you hit alt it shows which keys are for which symbol.
Pinu7
Aug9-09, 01:51 PM
P: 270
LaTeX equation editor: http://www.codecogs.com/components/e...tioneditor.php

Of course, LaTex is annoying and hard. I bought MathType, which is easy to create equations and stuff, and it can convert to LaTeX.

tiny-tim
Aug9-09, 02:21 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 26,167
Arrow

Scientific symbols online

Quote Quote by MikeBeer View Post
It's a pain to hold ALT on my mac and hit every key trying to find an integral symbol or a delta.
Hi MikeBeer!

You can copy-and-paste from my and Redbelly's lists (see below).

Alternatively, if you have OSX, click on the flag in the menu bar (next to the clock) for the Keyboard Viewer, or with OS9, click the apple and select "Keyboard".

Register to reply