Register to reply

Exchange coupling mechanism

by Maxwellkid
Tags: coupling, exchange, mechanism
Share this thread:
Maxwellkid
Aug16-09, 06:52 PM
P: 69
how does the exchange coupling mechanism work that produce the ferromagnetic properties of materials?
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Organic photovoltaic cells of the future: Charge formation efficiency used to screen materials
Promising ferroelectric materials suffer from unexpected electric polarizations
Structure of certain types of beetle shells could inspire brighter, whiter coatings and materials
genneth
Aug17-09, 04:57 AM
P: 980
The standard method is that spin alignment forces the spatial part of the multiparticle wavefunction to be antisymmetric. In particular, there is now a reduced probability of having the particles at the same spatial point, thus lowering the Coulomb repulsion.
Maxwellkid
Aug21-09, 03:44 PM
how much must I know about the strong and weak nuclear force to adequately derive the schrodinger equation using maxwell's equations and QED?

olgranpappy
Aug21-09, 05:48 PM
HW Helper
P: 1,273
Exchange coupling mechanism

Quote Quote by Maxwellkid View Post
how much must I know about the strong and weak nuclear force to adequately derive the schrodinger equation using maxwell's equations and QED?
nothing. but your post seems completely off topic.
Maxwellkid
Aug22-09, 06:48 PM
are you telling me QED and quantum mechanics has nothing to do with the exchange coupling mechanism???
olgranpappy
Aug22-09, 08:12 PM
HW Helper
P: 1,273
Quote Quote by Maxwellkid View Post
are you telling me QED and quantum mechanics has nothing to do with the exchange coupling mechanism???
no, I'm telling you that you need to know nothing about the strong and weak force to do what you want to do... which is what you asked.

Register to reply