Vehicle Mathematical modeling and dynamics

In summary, the conversation discusses a vehicle full suspension model and the difficulties faced in achieving desired dynamic results. The passenger seat, modeled with its own stiffness and damping parameters, experiences more bounce and oscillations compared to the body when road disturbance is applied. The suggestion is made to change the stiffness and/or damping of the seat to reduce the oscillations. The results of changing these parameters are shared, with the observation that decreasing the mass of the system and bringing the passenger seat closer to the COG results in minimum oscillations.
uzairkhan
i am working on the vehicle full suspension model. I am in modeling phase , i am electrical student and i am facing some difficulty in the dynamic results . When i am giving road disturbance to the vehicle the pessanger seat is getting more bounce and oscillations as compared to body to which the disturbance is first transferred. The pessanger seat is modeled using its own stiffness and damping parameters. Plz clarify me the concept behind it.

Engineering news on Phys.org
It is hard to tell with so little data, but you're probably in resonance. Change the stiffness and/or damping of the passenger seat and see what you get (make it stiffer).

thanks for suggestion , i will check it soon for the changes for which u have asked and will share the results.

i have checked the response of the system by changing the stiffness and damping parameters, but even then it has greater amplitude, though oscillations are reduced by increasing the damping.
One other thing i noticed is that by decresing the mass of the system i am getting minimum oscilations. Also as i am getting pessanger seat nearer to COG(where also body dynamics are being observed), the seat
and boody response getsalmost same(as it should be by geomatrical view). and as i am getting it far from the COG , it is getting more oscillations and amplitude.

1. What is vehicle mathematical modeling and dynamics?

Vehicle mathematical modeling and dynamics is the process of creating mathematical equations and models to represent the behavior and movement of vehicles. This can include factors such as acceleration, speed, and forces acting on the vehicle.

2. Why is vehicle mathematical modeling and dynamics important?

Vehicle mathematical modeling and dynamics is important because it allows scientists and engineers to simulate and predict the behavior of vehicles in different scenarios without having to physically test them. This can save time, money, and resources in the development and design of vehicles.

3. What are the different types of vehicle mathematical models?

There are various types of vehicle mathematical models, including kinematic models, dynamic models, and control models. Kinematic models focus on the movement of the vehicle, while dynamic models consider the forces and factors affecting the vehicle's motion. Control models are used to design and optimize vehicle control systems.

4. How are vehicle mathematical models validated?

Vehicle mathematical models are validated by comparing the predicted behavior of the model to real-world data or physical testing. If the model accurately represents the behavior of the vehicle, it is considered validated. Adjustments and improvements can be made to the model if needed.

5. What are some applications of vehicle mathematical modeling and dynamics?

Vehicle mathematical modeling and dynamics is used in various fields, including automotive engineering, aerospace engineering, and robotics. It is used to design and optimize vehicles for performance, safety, and efficiency. It can also be used for simulation and training purposes.