Gmail: trying to hide the address I'm sending email from

by Simfish
Tags: address, email, gmail, hide, sending
Share this thread:
Simfish
May18-10, 12:50 PM
PF Gold
P: 828
Okay, so basically I have a university email address and a gmail account. Generally I autoforward all emails to my gmail account and reply to the emails by using an option that replies to emails by my university address rather than my Gmail account. But sometimes this option results in this message occuring in the header of the previous reply:

"From: simfish@gmail.com [mailto:simfish@gmail.com] On Behalf Of XXXXX"

Does anyone know an easy way to prevent this from happening? I want a centralized Gmail address for all the emails I use, but yet I don't necessarily want people to know my gmail address. I could just create another email address but that means the inconvenience of checking (and backing up) two email accounts.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
ranger
May19-10, 02:31 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,684
Google has made the Gmail Inbox centralized for some time now. That is, it does not show the "On Behalf" text and uses your domain's email server to send the email. You probably did not authenticate your school's email address from gmail using your school's outbound email server as yet.
http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2009/0...s-without.html
pallidin
May27-10, 02:37 PM
P: 2,292
You don't want some people knowing the sending email address of what they receive?
Why?

I would be very suspicious.

Register to reply