Register to reply

Electric potential energy and gravitational potential energy of Deuterium nuclear?

Share this thread:
VHP_KLJ
Nov30-10, 12:25 AM
P: 3
Is it possible to caculate the electric potential energy and the gravitational potential energy between two nucleon of deuterium (1 proton, 1 neutron), if we know the binding energy of deuterium is 2.23 (MeV), and the distance between them is 1 (fm)?
Please help me! I'm really confused about this exercise :(
Thanks in advance
(I post this thread in wrong box, please move it, sorry)
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Physicists discuss quantum pigeonhole principle
First in-situ images of void collapse in explosives
The first supercomputer simulations of 'spin?orbit' forces between neutrons and protons in an atomic nucleus
Meir Achuz
Dec1-10, 01:46 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 1,991
The gravitational energy is -Gmm'/r.
There is no electric PE, but there is magnetic energy between the two magnetic moments.
These energies are negligible compared to the 2,23 whic is due to the nuclear force.

Register to reply