Need help with structure of stair climbing robot

by Umair Mazhar
Tags: climbing, robot, stair, structure
Umair Mazhar
Sep20-11, 02:11 PM
P: 3
Im supposed 2 design a robo like this 1, but here, the mechanical part seems more tought thn the electrical and programming. I couldnít make out what mechanical structure is being used to have this type of motion. Can anyone plz help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVEsOxhubFg

Hereís a start:
There r 2 motors attached in the centre part of the robot, which keeps sliding back anf forth.
But, I canít figure out out is the motor shaft being coupled to the structure, and how does it have tht kinda motion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVEsOxhubFg
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
SensaBubble: It's a bubble, but not as we know it (w/ video)
The hemihelix: Scientists discover a new shape using rubber bands (w/ video)
Microbes provide insights into evolution of human language
Allenman
Sep20-11, 03:57 PM
P: 58
The sliding motion looks to be from a belt or chain. Utilizing a stepper motor with a chain or belt would allow you to count how many steps it takes to move a fixed point on the chain from one end of the track to the other. The fixed point on the chain or belt is attached to a pivoting mechanism (probably another stepper motor) within the body of the robot.... inside the track that it slides on is probably a wire ribbon similar to that of the inside of a printer which would power the motors for the wheels. That's just me dissecting it with my eyes though.

OR... if you dont want to use a chain or belt, you can make a rack and pinion design to create the sliding motion.
Umair Mazhar
Sep25-11, 11:40 AM
thnx

Umair Mazhar
Sep25-11, 11:52 AM

Need help with structure of stair climbing robot

i can't see any motors attached to da wheels, r thr motors?

Register to reply