Register to reply

Need help with structure of stair climbing robot

by Umair Mazhar
Tags: climbing, robot, stair, structure
Share this thread:
Umair Mazhar
Sep20-11, 02:11 PM
P: 3
Im supposed 2 design a robo like this 1, but here, the mechanical part seems more tought thn the electrical and programming. I couldnít make out what mechanical structure is being used to have this type of motion. Can anyone plz help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVEsOxhubFg

Hereís a start:
There r 2 motors attached in the centre part of the robot, which keeps sliding back anf forth.
But, I canít figure out out is the motor shaft being coupled to the structure, and how does it have tht kinda motion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVEsOxhubFg
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100
Allenman
Sep20-11, 03:57 PM
P: 58
The sliding motion looks to be from a belt or chain. Utilizing a stepper motor with a chain or belt would allow you to count how many steps it takes to move a fixed point on the chain from one end of the track to the other. The fixed point on the chain or belt is attached to a pivoting mechanism (probably another stepper motor) within the body of the robot.... inside the track that it slides on is probably a wire ribbon similar to that of the inside of a printer which would power the motors for the wheels. That's just me dissecting it with my eyes though.

OR... if you dont want to use a chain or belt, you can make a rack and pinion design to create the sliding motion.
Umair Mazhar
Sep25-11, 11:40 AM
thnx

Umair Mazhar
Sep25-11, 11:52 AM
Need help with structure of stair climbing robot

i can't see any motors attached to da wheels, r thr motors?

Register to reply