Whats causes feelings when horny

by Tom McCurdy
Tags: feelings, horny
Tom McCurdy
Dec5-04, 01:40 AM
P: 1,113
Alright I know what happens physically... but what is going on intenally that when one become horny...

Also why are people so derrieven for sex from a biological aspoint.
Phys.Org News Partner Biology news on Phys.org
Free the seed: OSSI nurtures growing plants without patent barriers
Stanford researchers rethink 'natural' habitat for wildlife
Plants with dormant seeds give rise to more species
drdolittle
Dec5-04, 05:58 AM
P: 27
Whenever erection(pardon me to use this word) occurs there is an increse in bllod flow.This what happens when one become horny
iansmith
Dec5-04, 10:11 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 1,430
Sex drive is in part controled by testosterone and there might something which release more testoterone as some point.

Moonbear might have a more complex answer.

loseyourname
Dec5-04, 02:56 PM
Emeritus
PF Gold
P: 3,634

Whats causes feelings when horny

Well, genital organs (in particular, the head of the penis on the male and the clitoris on the female) already have a much higher concentration of nerve endings than any other human tissue. When engorged with blood, they become even more sensitive.
Tom McCurdy
Dec5-04, 03:09 PM
hmm maybe I am not clear. I knew the stuff about increased blood flow and increased nevre endings, but I am interested in the actual feeling and what is released that causes that feeling.
loseyourname
Dec5-04, 04:15 PM
Emeritus
PF Gold
I'm not completely certain, but I would imagine the same endorphins are released that are released during any pleasurable sensation. There might be some oxytocin and vasopressin involved as well.
aychamo
Dec5-04, 07:06 PM
P: 376
Maybe I can help ask Tom's question. You see a hot girl walk by, and you get this feeling inside that you want to have sex. It's gotta be something about the fact the girl (who fit your standards of being hot) was visually pleasing and led you to think about sex. Lust, whatever. And then it gives you that feeling.

So is it when you see someting like that it causes the endorphins to be released? By visual aid alone?
loseyourname
Dec5-04, 07:50 PM
Emeritus
PF Gold
I don't know. I think that depends heavily on who is doing the seeing. Some people are turned on visually more than others (in particular, men are turned on visually more than females - on average, anyway). I'm not too sure if anything accounts for the differences aside from sex drive, which is mostly related to testosterone levels.
Moonbear
Dec5-04, 09:10 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257
It's your brain that initially starts that arousal. There are a lot of sensory inputs to the parts of the brain involved in sexual motivation (I guess horny would fit into the motivation category). The obvious one is tactile stimulation, but as others have pointed, visual stimulation can be just as arousing for people. For that matter, just thinking about it works too.

You can find out more here: http://www.impotence.org/hottopics/contextual.asp

The author of the abstract published on that site, Ben Sachs, is a reputable scientist in the field. If you're interested in reading more about sexual motivation and arousal, particularly in males, you could try a pubmed search for his name. Two other people's work you could check out are Lique Coolen and Jill Becker. Both have very strong reputations in the scientific community for work in this area. There are others too, of course, so this is not a comprehensive list by any means.
aychamo
Dec6-04, 09:30 AM
P: 376
I guess it makes since evolutionaryily that visual and tactile stimulation can arouse a person. You see the opposite sex, you get arroused, erection, and that allows copulation (which provides for the potential transfer of your genes from one generation to the next).

If such things didn't give arousal/erection, copulation would be difficult!
honestrosewater
Dec6-04, 08:48 PM
PF Gold
P: 2,330
Could the question be restated as, "How can you make a dog drool at the sound of a bell?"
Tom McCurdy
Dec6-04, 09:52 PM
thx congrats on your crowning Moonbear

Register to reply