Truth and facts about soy, soy products and tofu (some questions)

• Thread starter timeuser84
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Facts
In summary, the conversation is about the claim that soy and tofu can negatively affect men's sexual health. The individual asking the question is unsure about the validity of the claim and is looking for reliable articles to support or debunk it. The conversation ends with the moderator closing the thread and issuing a warning to the original poster for multiple repeated thread starts.
timeuser84
Hi, it's been a while since I have posted, hope you all are doing good. Just recently someone on the net mentioned to me the claim that soy and tofu really is bad for men's penises, sex organs, labido as well as sex drive has been debunked. Iv'e seen articals on the net saying it does or it doesn't so that's a contradiction so witch one is true then? What do the facts show? I figured I would go straight to the horses mouth with this one like I have done in my other threads here. I hope I don't sound inappropriate here as that is breaking the rules on this forum. I tried my best to sound or make this the thread as appropriate as I could.

Biology news on Phys.org
Can you post links to some of the reputable/mainstream articles that you've been reading? Thanks.

Likes russ_watters
No references, no thread. Thread is closed, and the OP is on a 10-day vacation due to multiple repeated thread starts like this.

1. What are the health benefits of consuming soy and soy products?

Soy and soy products are rich in protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals. They have been linked to various health benefits, including improved heart health, reduced risk of certain cancers, and better bone health.

2. Is soy safe for everyone to consume?

In general, soy is safe for most people to consume. However, individuals with soy allergies or thyroid conditions may need to avoid soy products. It is always best to consult with a doctor or registered dietitian before incorporating soy into your diet.

3. Are soy and tofu good sources of protein for vegetarians and vegans?

Yes, soy and tofu are excellent sources of plant-based protein for vegetarians and vegans. They contain all nine essential amino acids, making them a complete protein source. They are also low in saturated fat and cholesterol, making them a healthier alternative to animal-based proteins.

4. Are there any potential risks or side effects of consuming soy?

Some studies have suggested that consuming large amounts of soy may affect hormone levels, particularly in women. However, more research is needed to fully understand the potential risks and side effects of soy consumption. It is always best to consume soy in moderation as part of a balanced diet.

5. How can I incorporate soy and tofu into my diet?

There are many ways to incorporate soy and tofu into your diet. You can use tofu as a substitute for meat in dishes like stir-fries and curries, or blend it into smoothies for added protein. Soy milk can be used as a dairy-free alternative in recipes, and soy-based products like tempeh and edamame can be enjoyed as snacks or added to salads and soups.