Register to reply

Need help with numerical integration

by Rositta
Tags: integration, numerical
Share this thread:
Rositta
Jan23-12, 08:29 AM
P: 13
Would any one please suggest the best numerical method for integrating complicated integrands and singular functions? I find that Gauss quadratures are suggested by many references but I can't find a method to obtain the abscissas and weights for a general function.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Security CTO to detail Android Fake ID flaw at Black Hat
Huge waves measured for first time in Arctic Ocean
Mysterious molecules in space
I like Serena
Jan23-12, 07:03 PM
HW Helper
P: 6,187
Quote Quote by Rositta View Post
Would any one please suggest the best numerical method for integrating complicated integrands and singular functions? I find that Gauss quadratures are suggested by many references but I can't find a method to obtain the abscissas and weights for a general function.
Welcome to PF, Rositta!

My book "Numerical Recipes for C" has a chapter on integration and in particular a paragraph on the integration of improper integrals.

As I understand it, you need to find out where the singularities are, so you can calculate open-ended integrations of the sections between the singularities.
Saladsamurai
Jan23-12, 07:51 PM
P: 3,015
Quote Quote by I like Serena View Post
Welcome to PF, Rositta!

My book "Numerical Recipes for C" has a chapter on integration and in particular a paragraph on the integration of improper integrals.

As I understand it, you need to find out where the singularities are, so you can calculate open-ended integrations of the sections between the singularities.
Hi I like Serena Do you have a link to this? I am having no problem finding "Numerical Recipes in C" but not so much "for C" or is that what you meant?

I like Serena
Jan24-12, 12:06 PM
HW Helper
P: 6,187
Need help with numerical integration

Quote Quote by Saladsamurai View Post
Hi I like Serena. Do you have a link to this? I am having no problem finding "Numerical Recipes in C" but not so much "for C" or is that what you meant?
Yep. That's what I meant.
Their website is here:
http://www.nr.com/
Rositta
Feb17-12, 04:52 AM
P: 13
Thaks all

Register to reply