Register to reply

Associates of Science - Physics

by MacLaddy
Tags: associates, physics, science
Share this thread:
Jan25-12, 09:08 AM
PF Gold
MacLaddy's Avatar
P: 221
I think I've decided to change my major from an A.S. transfer degree in M.E. at my community college, to an A.S. transfer degree in Physics. The overall curriculum is less, and it only adds one Physics class that I otherwise would not have taken, but I don't mind that.

My plans after this will be to continue at a 4 year institution for a B.S. in M.E.

So I suppose my question is this:
Is there anything I can do with this degree as far as work is concerned that will help in my M.E pursuits? And something that pays a decent wage?

Note to the Mods: I flipped a coin between posting here and the career section. I'm not sure which one is more appropriate for this question.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on
What lit up the universe?
Sheepdogs use just two simple rules to round up large herds of sheep
Animals first flex their muscles
Jan26-12, 07:29 AM
PF Gold
MacLaddy's Avatar
P: 221
The overwhelming response to this question is probably equal to the answer.


Oh well. Can I at least call myself a Physicist with this degree? Walk around in a lab jacket and goggles while quoting lines from Flubber?
Jan26-12, 10:13 AM
P: 1,061
As a transfer student, you should just try and finish some type of transfer agreement with a university. An associates degree will not help if you plan on getting a bachelors.

Register to reply

Related Discussions
Double major in Physics and Computer Science vs Physics and Math Academic Guidance 8
Associates degree to physics bachelor? Academic Guidance 2
Would it be worth it to get a dual Associates in Math and Computer Science? Career Guidance 3
Jobs with an associates in math/science Academic Guidance 11
How did you guys become a science advisor in physics forums/ quantum physics? Forum Feedback & Announcements 44