Good Math Major, Bad GRE Quant score?

by l'H˘pital
Tags: major, math, quant, score
Share this thread:
l'H˘pital
Oct4-12, 10:55 PM
P: 258
Hey all,

So I took the General GRE, and I did rather poorly in the GRE Quant score (161). However, most of my resume and the likes would point otherwise (typical stuff like graduate coursework, two REUs, 3.9 GPA, etc.)

How concerned should I be about this? Should I retake it? I'm taking the Subject GRE in about 9 days. If I do really well, would it make up for it?

I'm at the point where I'm slowly freaking out haha.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Physical constant is constant even in strong gravitational fields
Montreal VR headset team turns to crowdfunding for Totem
Researchers study vital 'on/off switches' that control when bacteria turn deadly
TheKracken
Oct4-12, 11:41 PM
P: 296
Have you identified what happened in the GRE that made your quant score so low?
l'H˘pital
Oct4-12, 11:49 PM
P: 258
I dunno. I sorta freaked out for the first section, and actually eve nran out of time. Then the next two sections I did went fine, just...I don't know. It's scary.

TheKracken
Oct4-12, 11:53 PM
P: 296
Good Math Major, Bad GRE Quant score?

Well, maybe you need to focus on figuring out what went wrong with the first general GRE and try to fix it before tacking on the subject one ( For math???) Look up stuff for test anxiety (I can't spell :P ) good luck to you mate!

Also, I would asume a high Subject GRE would replace the bad quant score on the general (just assuming)

Register to reply