Register to reply

Methods people use to find internships?

by DmytriE
Tags: future, internship
Share this thread:
DmytriE
Dec28-12, 04:49 PM
P: 75
Before people start telling me to Google the answer I was wondering what other methods people use to find internships? I would really like to get some experience in my field so I can decide whether I would like to continue pursuing this.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Comfortable climate indoors with porous glass
Crash-testing rivets
Customized surface inspection
Evo
Dec28-12, 06:19 PM
Mentor
P: 26,485
Quote Quote by DmytriE View Post
Before people start telling me to Google the answer I was wondering what other methods people use to find internships? I would really like to get some experience in my field so I can decide whether I would like to continue pursuing this.
Are you in college or high school? Have you talked to your school guidance counselor?
berkeman
Dec28-12, 07:04 PM
Mentor
P: 40,730
You should look at the relevant companies in your area to see if they offer internships. Look in the employment section of their websites. You can also call their employment contact to ask them on the phone if they offer internships, and during what times of the year they are available.

DmytriE
Dec28-12, 07:28 PM
P: 75
Methods people use to find internships?

I am in college in the DC area. I sometimes become overwhelmed by not knowing where to start. What are the big companies that offer internships in Electrical Engineering?
berkeman
Dec28-12, 08:34 PM
Mentor
P: 40,730
Quote Quote by DmytriE View Post
I am in college in the DC area. I sometimes become overwhelmed by not knowing where to start. What are the big companies that offer internships in Electrical Engineering?
Well, Cisco for example has a very full-featured internship program:

http://tools.cisco.com/search/JSP/se...essLevel=Guest

Are there large electronics companies in the DC area? Or in nearby high-tech areas?

Register to reply