pump flow rate question

by keng
Tags: flow, pump, rate
keng
Apr17-13, 02:26 AM
P: 10
Hi all, i have to use an air pump to create a flow rate in a pipe system.
My pump model is hta100h-304 which i have attach the spec below.
From actual air delivery data(871.2lpm@10 kg/cm2G,762.3lpm@12kg/cm2G), i try to convert to mass flow rate unit and it is around 0.19 kg/s.
Is this mean this flow rate is the maximum rate that this pump can create???

feel free to correct me and sorry for my bad english
Attached Thumbnails
fusheng hta 100h 304 spec.jpg  
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Fiber-optic microscope will help physicians detect cancer, diseases at early stages
Wind tunnel tests support improved aerodynamic design of B61-12 bomb
Smart sensor technology to combat indoor air pollution
russ_watters
Apr17-13, 05:38 AM
Mentor
P: 21,994
That's the air it can move at that pressure, but that doesn't tell you anything about what your piping system can handle.
keng
Apr17-13, 06:12 AM
Hi Russ,thank for your reply
Quote Quote by russ_watters View Post
That's the air it can move at that pressure, but that doesn't tell you anything about what your piping system can handle.
Did you mean this pump can move this amount of air with no pressure drop in the tank at that condition right???

The pressure in pipe system is around 2 barG.
So I have to select pressure and back-pressure regulator size and i just want to be sure that it can handle the maximum flowrate from the pump.

stewartcs
Apr24-13, 10:09 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 2,283

pump flow rate question

That's the max flow rate the pump can output at those specific pressures. So if your system has a higher back pressure than the pump can output, the flow rate will decrease. If the system back pressure is less than the rated pump pressure, the flow rate can increase.

I would ask the manufacturer for a pump curve so you can see the relationship before you size the relief valve.

CS
keng
Jun8-13, 03:41 AM
Quote Quote by stewartcs View Post
That's the max flow rate the pump can output at those specific pressures. So if your system has a higher back pressure than the pump can output, the flow rate will decrease. If the system back pressure is less than the rated pump pressure, the flow rate can increase.

I would ask the manufacturer for a pump curve so you can see the relationship before you size the relief valve.

CS

thank a lot for your reply Stewartcs
if my system back pressure is about 2barG then, maximum flow rate will increased to be around 3100 lpm(9000 slpm) right???
(i've convert it from p1v1 = p2v2)

Register to reply