Lemmy Kilmister: Musician for President

• Music
  • Thread starter RiseAgainst
  • Start date
In summary, musicians should not be elected to high office because they are not suited for it and they would only make things worse.
RiseAgainst
If you could elect any musician as president which would it be? I would chose Lemmy Kilmister.

Science news on Phys.org
Yikes! Lemmy Kilmister President?

This post could put me on the Secret Service watch list.

I'd say Tim McIlrath, of Rise Against.

Oh, let me mention, he's a vegetarian (i think he might even be vegan) and has heterochromia (two different colored eyes=cool) as well as being a straight edge (no drugs, drinking, etc). Reason it'll never happen: A. Hes a musician not a politician and B. He's really liberal.

On a more likely chance is Krist Novoselic the former bassist for Nirvana who is active in Washington state politics.

Last edited:
Easy. Let's have another Clinton... George Clinton!

I'd have to pick Dan Fogelberg if he wasn't so dead. Maybe "the boss"...

Uhm, none?

For the US, I'd choose Zack de la Rocha, that would be fun to watch!
For South Africa (my country of birth), Johnny Clegg
For Belgium, Trent Reznor, that would keep things interesting

If Zack de la Rocha became president the south would secede again.

Mike Einziger [the guitarist from Incubus] would be a cool choice.

Evo said:
Uhm, none?

I agree. Musicians should not be presidents. I don't even think most musicians should even be musicians.

Sting because Sting cares.

Lemmy would rock actually, he actually seems to be a pretty average bloke off stage.

George Michael, he (could) avert cock ups.

The Dagda said:
Sting because Sting cares.

Lemmy would rock actually, he actually seems to be a pretty average bloke off stage.

I've never heard of this Lemmy fellow till today.
I don't know if I like his political leanings:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemmy"
Lemmy collects Nazi memorabilia, and has an Iron Cross encrusted on his bass, which has led to accusations of Nazi tendencies. However, he considers himself an anarchist or libertarian, and that he is "anti-communism, fascism, any extreme," saying that "government causes more problems than it solves".

I don't really have a problem with his Nazi stuff. I've an original copy of Mein Kampf on my bookshelf, and about 1000 Nazi stamps in my collection. But a libertarian? I've never met a libertarian I agreed with on anything. And I mean anything.

I'd elect Joni Mitchell. She sings perty.

One of her songs, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTP0wUdLoEI", might indicate some of her social and political leanings.

Oh my. I've never read the http://www.lyricsfreak.com/j/joni+mitchell/the+three+great+stimulants_20075319.html" before. It's "Artifice and Innocence". I always thought she was singing "Part of it's an innocence". I always wondered why my count was off on that song.

Hmmm... Reading all of the lyrics, it looks as though absolutely nothing has changed since 1985, when the song was written. hmmm... Imagine that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... the choice is obvious. Clearly, no musician has "ready for office" written all over him more than Cedric Bixler-Zavala:

2533920663_3e628d1e5f.jpg

Mostly because I'd love to see him at press meetings, throwing mike-stands and monitors at reporters, yelling at them for "acting like a bunch of white people."

Last edited:
I'm thinking Danny Elfman, he's a really smart dude.

RiseAgainst said:
I would chose Lemmy Kilmister.

I chose Lemmy because he seems like a cool person and he would try and minimize the govt. He wouldn't want the govt. to keep expanding like current politicians do.

1. What inspired the idea of Lemmy Kilmister running for president?

The idea was inspired by the punk rock band NOFX's song "Who Would Jesus Suck?" which features the lyrics "Lemmy, for President, he's a genius, he's a scholar, he's a fucking god, he'll make you swallow every last drop of your prescriptive medicine." It was meant to be a satirical commentary on the current state of politics.

2. Is Lemmy Kilmister actually running for president?

No, Lemmy Kilmister is not actually running for president. The song was released in 2003 and Lemmy passed away in 2015, so it is not a current or serious campaign.

3. What qualifications does Lemmy Kilmister have to be president?

Lemmy Kilmister was a musician and frontman of the band Motörhead. He did not have any political experience or qualifications to be president.

4. How did people react to the idea of Lemmy Kilmister running for president?

The idea was mostly seen as a humorous and absurd concept. Some people found it entertaining while others saw it as a commentary on the state of politics. There were also some who were offended by the lyrics and saw it as disrespectful towards the actual presidential election.

5. Is there any connection between Lemmy Kilmister and politics?

Lemmy Kilmister was known for his rebellious and anti-establishment attitude, but he did not have any direct involvement in politics. Some of his songs did touch on political and social issues, but he was primarily known for his music career.