The list of Must-Read Science Books Please suggest

In summary, the conversation is about a first semester engineering student in India seeking recommendations for science books, particularly in physics. They mention currently reading "Feynman lectures" and "Erwin Kreyszig- Advanced Engineering Mathematics" and ask for suggestions related to engineering or modern physics. Another participant suggests a couple of good thermo fluids books for mechanical engineering and also recommends a book on aerodynamics. The student clarifies that they are an Industrial Engineering student, which is allied to mechanical engineering.
kavindra
The list of **"Must-Read" Science Books**... Plz suggest

Hi all. I am a first semester engineering student in India. I wish to know about the best books there are in science [especially physics]. I am reading Feynman lectures and erwin kreyszig- advanced engineering mathematics right now. The other books that i am reading are of Indian authors. Please suggest the best that you have come across. It wud be appreciated if they are related to engineering or modern physics.

Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org

Your question is kinda general since I don't know what kind of engineering you do.
For mechanical there are a couple of good thermo fluids books:

Fundamental of heat and mass transfer
, Incropera et al.
Thermodynamics, Cengel & Boles

These books are the result of many revisions and are easy to read and give you the fundamental in the topic

I also really like John, D Anderson's aerodynamics book.

If you want to be an electrical engineer these won't help you out too much.

@above

Thanks for replying. I am an Industrial Engg. student which is allied to mechanical.

1. What is the purpose of the "Must-Read Science Books" list?

The purpose of the "Must-Read Science Books" list is to provide a curated selection of books that cover a wide range of scientific topics and are highly recommended by experts in the field. These books can serve as valuable resources for those interested in learning more about various scientific disciplines or staying updated on the latest advancements in science.

2. How were the books on the list chosen?

The books on the "Must-Read Science Books" list were chosen based on recommendations from scientists, educators, and avid readers in the scientific community. The list also takes into consideration the relevance, impact, and readability of each book.

3. Are there any specific genres or topics that the list focuses on?

The "Must-Read Science Books" list covers a wide range of genres and topics, including biology, chemistry, physics, astronomy, environmental science, and more. The list also includes books that explore the intersection of science with other fields such as history, philosophy, and psychology.

4. Can the list be updated with new books?

Yes, the list can be updated with new books as recommendations from the scientific community are received. The list will be periodically reviewed and updated to ensure that it remains relevant and reflects the latest developments in science.

5. Are there any age restrictions for the books on the list?

The "Must-Read Science Books" list does not have any age restrictions, but some books may be more suitable for certain age groups due to their complexity or subject matter. It is recommended to review the book descriptions and age recommendations before making a selection.