What's the last time someone said thank you to you?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SticksandStones
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
47 replies · 6K views
mcknia07 said:
And getting my hair cut, and I had a lot of compliments..people are just too nice. I felt pretty, even though I'm not really.

Believe it or not, this is why I am particular about who I compliment. I don't want to compliment someone and then have them turn around and throw it in the can because they're insecure or lack self-esteem.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I just saw a pregnant lady wearing a belt. Its going to make me giggle all day. she had to wear it so high to get over the hump it looked like it would chaff her armpits.
 
Today, I saw a Bendy Bus attempting a 3 point turn in the regular width street. Needless to say, it took a very long time!
 
http://www.news-press.com/article/20081017/NEWS01/81017034/1002/RSS01
this will put a smile on your face
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not exactly a smile , the following was kind of interesting

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/5a8eb984d1
 
Dropping a dime at the bookstore when I was there with my husband (grabbing coffee, which itself makes me smile). He joked to the cashier that I "dropped the dime"... I handed it to him and then told him I was just giving him more than my two cents worth.
 
borek said:
sounds like obelix to me.

exactly! We don't get asterix and obelix over here, but for some reason I came across a comic book once when I was little and got hooked on them. BTW is it O-belix or AH-belix? The answer could solve a 30 year old fight if I could ever find the girl I had the fight with.
 
Last edited:
My boyfriend showed me his take home exam and it consisted of 3, 12 page essays on various theories of god... I smiled because it made me happy to be a science student
 
What is "^" and is there a part of our text or the modules that uses it?

An arts student ...

He seriously asked this question!
 
fileen said:
My boyfriend showed me his take home exam and it consisted of 3, 12 page essays on various theories of god... I smiled because it made me happy to be a science student

It made me smile too! :biggrin:
 
Evo said:
You're getting compliments because people really think you're pretty. You ARE pretty. If I find you being down on yourself again you will be in grave danger of some serious fish induced injuries. :devil:

Thanks evo :biggrin: Oh no, I really don't want the wrath of fish upon me!

JasonRox said:
Believe it or not, this is why I am particular about who I compliment. I don't want to compliment someone and then have them turn around and throw it in the can because they're insecure or lack self-esteem.

It's not that I'm insecure, but I don't want to be known as one of those girls that know they are pretty and throw it in your face. I always seem to get giddy when I get a nice compliment. Plus, I get a real red face! So, I would rather deny it, so I don't look so needy or something...
 
mcknia07 said:
Thanks evo :biggrin: Oh no, I really don't want the wrath of fish upon me!



It's not that I'm insecure, but I don't want to be known as one of those girls that know they are pretty and throw it in your face. I always seem to get giddy when I get a nice compliment. Plus, I get a real red face! So, I would rather deny it, so I don't look so needy or something...

You are pathetic! :smile:

I been trying to learn how to reply when I receive a complement/someone thanks me etc. I usually try not to get into these situations. But most people know that ...
 
JasonRox said:
That's what you think about at the end of the day? Like, think about good things.

Both happened at ~ 11:30 PM yesterday. I slept and forgot .. and then came another good day!

It was an ordinary day until I started thinking about things making it a good day. :biggrin:
 
rootX said:
You are pathetic! :smile:

I been trying to learn how to reply when I receive a complement/someone thanks me etc. I usually try not to get into these situations. But most people know that ...

I don't get how I'm pathetic... I said thank you :)
 
I was going to cut my throat today after work. (I'm way overworked..)

But I found this thread.

:smile:

Thank you.

I think I can hang on till spring. (which always get's me through the summer...)
 
OmCheeto said:
I was going to cut my throat today after work. (I'm way overworked..)

But I found this thread.

:smile:

Thank you.

I think I can hang on till spring. (which always get's me through the summer...)
This.

I can't remember the last time someone said thank you to me.