Cosmology - limits of science?

In summary, the author is saying that he was indoctrinated into a religious belief at a young age, and that he is the one responsible for getting religious education removed from Ontario schools.
Kirk Gregory Czuhai
HA! To believe that the universe was created and "runs" via some infinite intellegence if you would prefer to call it need not be just dismissed by saying it can not be discussed here because it is "religious!".
FACTS are FACTS, for every x questions the so-called scientists answer with some statistical curve fit does it not seem clear there is about x^n at least new ones that they find that they have that remain unanswered?
Seems to me if I am going to have the faith that everything in the universe started out from something smaller than a pea I for one need to have some idea that someONE had the idea AND POWER to start it out THAT WAY!
Are you pile it higher and deeper guys just getting mad because you have to justify your research funding or something? An open mind? wow.
LOVE and PEACE,
and,
PEACE and LOVE,
(kirk) kirk gregory czuhai
http://www.altelco.net/~lovekgc/kirksresume.htm [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
New PFer Kirk ncontributed to Chronos' thread Cosmology for Dummies; however, his most recent post seems to me to belong here.

Do you have an intelligent point to make, Kirk, or are you just going to shout at all the nasty scientists until they submit to the will of whatever deity you're banging for?

It ain't philosophy either, so off it goes.

Here you go, Evo. :biggrin:

Kirk Gregory Czuhai said:
someONE had the idea AND POWER to start it out THAT WAY!
One quick question, all-knowing one, then I'll leave you alone. If some supreme being created everything, who created him? :grumpy:

An oldie but a goodie - So where did the "someone" originate from? That always keeps our three dimensional, lack-of-infinity-comprehension minds busy.

Tom Mattson said:
It ain't philosophy either, so off it goes.

Here you go, Evo. :biggrin:
Ah yes, into the PF circular file. :rolleyes:

Evo said:
Ah yes, into the PF circular file. :rolleyes:
I thought that was TD?

Integral said:
I thought that was TD?
TD is more of a hazardous waste containment area. :tongue:

well seems for at least the time being we have some going to HELL!
peace and love,
and,
love and peace,

Danger said:
One quick question, all-knowing one, then I'll leave you alone. If some supreme being created everything, who created him? :grumpy:

Blasphemer! :biggrin:

That's pretty much the question I have always had too. How is it that people can believe some supreme being has always existed without question as to how that supreme being came into existence, yet can't fathom that something far less complex than a supreme being may have been at the very beginning of everything? I'll admit that the concept of complete nothingness boggles my mind, and the concept that something came from nothing, at least once, boggles my mind even further, but simply ignoring the question by substituting the concept of a supreme being for whatever else came from nothing is even more unsettling to me. It doesn't answer the big question of how everything began at all. A supreme being is still something.

peace and love,
and,
love and peace,

I always love the incongruity of such statements. "I wish you peace, now go to Hell." Yep, that's love for ya! :tongue2:

Ooh boy!

I'll bring the marshmallows... who's got the chocolate and graham crackers?

enigma said:
Ooh boy!

Just search Evo. No! Wait a sec... let me do that.

S***, I love this stuff! About the only worthwhile contribution to society that I've ever made in my life is that I'm the guy who got mandatory religious education kicked out of the Ontario school system. It was one hell of a fight, but we beat the bastards. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Danger said:
S***, I love this stuff! About the only worthwhile contribution to society that I've ever made in my life is that I'm the guy who got mandatory religious education kicked out of the Ontario school system. It was one hell of a fight, but we beat the bastards. :biggrin:
Congratulations for fighting the good fight and winning.

You may not be such a bad old coot after all. :smile:

enigma said:
Ooh boy!

Woo hoo! I've got the chocolate. Now we just need the graham crackers.

Remember, the party is still on level 6!

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=53873

(Now tell us something we don't already know. :tongue2:)

Last edited:
Integral said:
Congratulations for fighting the good fight and winning.

You may not be such a bad old coot after all. :smile:
Who you callin' old, Willis?! :wink:

I can only take credit for instigating it, in conjunction with a classmate. My father was a Unitarian-Universalist preacher, and his was chairman of the church board. We told our respective parents that we'd had it with the BS, and please do something about it. They tried at first just to have Doug and I exempted, but the school wouldn't hear of it. So they convened the board, took on Alan Borovoy who was head of the Canadian Civil Liberties Union, and sued the Essex County school board. They got back-up from the provincial board, and the fight was on. Ended up in the Supreme Court of Canada, and they lost big time. This was in about '68 or '69.

peace and love,
and,
love and peace,

Too cute.
I have no idea who you guys are, but I will buy crackers for all.
Peace and love and burn in hell, now, y'all.

Kirk, watch more documentaries.

katelynndevere said:
Peace and love and burn in hell, now, y'all.
Damn straight!:biggrin: That's where all the parties will be! Who'd want to go to that other place? It'll be full of party-pooping Christian conservatives. :yuck:

Bladibla said:
Kirk, watch more documentaries.

You mean televangalists don't count?

franznietzsche said:
You mean televangalists don't count?
All they can count is money... other people's. :grumpy:

Danger said:
All they can count is money... other people's. :grumpy:

Kinda like the democrats. :tongue2:

As opposed to the republicans where all they can count is their own money.

franznietzsche said:
Kinda like the democrats. :tongue2:

As opposed to the republicans where all they can count is their own money.
They actually combine the worst traits of both. Their only goal to make your money theirs and then count it. :grumpy:

My comments on this thread in general are that twas brillig, and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimble in the wabe: All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe. "Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came! One, two! One, two! And through and through The vorpal blade went snicker-snack! He left it dead, and with its head He went galumphing back. "And, has thou slain the Jabberwock? Come to my arms, my beamish boy! O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!' He chortled in his joy. Twas brillig, and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimble in the wabe; All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe.

Ivan Seeking said:
My comments on this thread in general are that twas brillig, and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimble in the wabe: All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe. "Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came! One, two! One, two! And through and through The vorpal blade went snicker-snack! He left it dead, and with its head He went galumphing back. "And, has thou slain the Jabberwock? Come to my arms, my beamish boy! O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!' He chortled in his joy. Twas brillig, and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimble in the wabe; All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe.
Oh sure... he can't spell 'genius', but he gets through that without a typo... :rolleyes:

edit: ooops! :redface: That was Integral... sorry... damned old guys all look alike...

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:

Was it just my school, or did all kids have to memorize that in Jr. High? I loved it. Just a fun one to say. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Was it just my school, or did all kids have to memorize that in Jr. High?
They don't have Jr. High in Ontario. Public school 1-8; high school 9-13. And this is way too pleasant for that system. We got 'Lord of the Flies', 'Willard', and other light-hearted prose. I think the least depressing thing we read was 'Catch-22'.

Moonbear said:
Was it just my school, or did all kids have to memorize that in Jr. High? I loved it. Just a fun one to say. :biggrin:

After several years of observation, Tsu and I decided that our largest dog galumphed. The proper order is walking, galumphing, trotting, cantering, and galloping. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
After several years of observation, Tsu and I decided that our largest dog galumphed. The proper order is walking, galumphing, trotting, cantering, and galloping. :biggrin:

Galumphing is also what dogs do when they're at that awkward age between puppy and adult (doggy teenagers?) when they have big feet and skinny legs and can't decide if they want to walk or bounce. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
Tsu and I decided that our largest dog galumphed.
I thought only hephalumps did that. :confused:

Where did Kirk go?

No worries because we will see him in hell. :rolleyes:

JasonRox said:
Where did Kirk go?
Don't you ever watch 'Charmed'? Don't invoke his name, you fool! It might bring him back! :eek:

I looked at this thread and saw how many pages of posts had occurred during my absence, so had to take a look--thank goodness it was just the usual "thread jacking."