Preview Post doesn't show tex formatted images

• Thread starter maverick6664
  • Start date
In summary, the "Preview Post" function is currently not enabled for LaTex formatting on the forum. This means that users are unable to preview their LaTex formatted messages before posting. This feature was available in the past but was lost during a forum upgrade. It is currently being worked on by the forum team.
maverick6664
"Preview Post" doesn't show tex formatted images

Merry Christmas!

I guess everyone here has this problem, but somehow I cannot find this problem in this forum.

I like tex formatting feature of these fora. When I post a message with tex tags, at first I hit "Preview Post" to try to see my tex formats are correct or not. However at this time, tex tag doesn't work; All I see is "Latex graphic is being generated. Reload this page in a moment" message and it won't reload itself. "Reload" button on my browser doesn't work, either. So I have to post a message whether my tex formulae may be correct or not, and edit it afterwards.
Is this normal? I use mozilla (seamonkey) on Linux. Is other browser fine? I tried with opera on Linux, but in vain too.

Thanks in advance!

Physics news on Phys.org
maverick6664 said:
Merry Christmas!
I guess everyone here has this problem, but somehow I cannot find this problem in this forum.
I like tex formatting feature of these fora. When I post a message with tex tags, at first I hit "Preview Post" to try to see my tex formats are correct or not. However at this time, tex tag doesn't work; All I see is "Latex graphic is being generated. Reload this page in a moment" message and it won't reload itself. "Reload" button on my browser doesn't work, either. So I have to post a message whether my tex formulae may be correct or not, and edit it afterwards.
Is this normal? I use mozilla (seamonkey) on Linux. Is other browser fine? I tried with opera on Linux, but in vain too.
Thanks in advance!
At this time the preview function is not enabled for LaTex.

Evo said:
At this time the preview function is not enabled for LaTex.

Thanks for the quick repy. It explains all!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I use Mozilla Firefox. Same problem. I am just testing the following here.

[itex] \gamma = \frac{1}{1-v^2/c^2}[/itex]

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok. It works although I can't see it in preview. But I remember sevaral months ago we were able to preview Latex too. At that time I was using Internet Explorer. That makes me wonder if it is the browser that gives this problem.

"At this time the preview function is not enabled for LaTex" So how come we were able to do it (may be an year ago)?

Gamma said:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I use Mozilla Firefox. Same problem. I am just testing the following here.

[itex] \gamma = \frac{1}{1-v^2/c^2}[/itex]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
It's not a problem, as explained, it is not a feature that is available, and this isn't the appropriate place to "test" LaTex.

Gamma said:
So how come we were able to do it (may be an year ago)?
It was available then, it's not available now.

Gamma said:
"At this time the preview function is not enabled for LaTex" So how come we were able to do it (may be an year ago)?
That function was lost when PF was upgraded back in...um...when was that? September? It's not just a matter of checking a box to turn on a feature, so requires some work to fix. I think Greg is working on it...it's on his to-do list (along with a long list of other things, so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting).

I see. I hope it'll be fixed soon :smile: Fortunately in many cases replies are not posted so soon and I don't have to mind it right now.

That explains it. Thanks for replying.

1. Why is my Preview Post not showing the text formatted images?

This could be due to a few different factors. First, make sure that the images you are trying to display are properly formatted and saved in a compatible file type. Additionally, check that the image paths are correct and that your post has been saved or published before previewing. If these things are all in order, there may be a plugin conflict or issue with your theme that is preventing the images from displaying.

2. My text formatted images appear in Preview Post, but not when I publish. What's wrong?

This could be due to a caching issue. Try clearing your browser's cache and refreshing the published post to see if the images appear. If they still do not show up, there may be an issue with your website's caching plugin or settings. You may need to reach out to your web host for further assistance.

3. Can I preview my post with the text formatted images before publishing?

Yes, most blogging platforms and content management systems have a preview feature where you can see how your post will look before publishing it. However, keep in mind that the preview may not be an exact representation of how the post will look once published, as some elements may be affected by your theme or plugins.

4. My text formatted images are showing up as broken links in Preview Post. How can I fix this?

This could be due to incorrect image paths, which can happen if the images were moved or deleted from their original location. Make sure to double check the image paths in your post and update them if necessary. If the issue persists, there may be an issue with your website's file permissions or server settings, and you may need to contact your web host for further assistance.

5. Can I add alt text to my text formatted images in Preview Post?

Yes, most blogging platforms and content management systems allow you to add alt text to images in the Preview Post feature. This is important for accessibility and SEO purposes, so be sure to utilize this feature when adding images to your posts.