Solving ITex Trouble with Google Chrome Preview Post

• Bug
  • Thread starter Jiggy-Ninja
  • Start date
In summary, there is a problem with the preview post option on Google Chrome when changing a formula. Even after updating the formula, the image still shows the old version. This is a known issue with LaTeX at PF and can be fixed by refreshing the browser.
Jiggy-Ninja
Seriously awesome feature. I love it. But...

I'm using Google Chrome, and there's a problem with the preview post option whenever I change a formula.

Say I type in this formula:
[tex]
V(t) = L\frac {dV}{dt}
[/tex]
...and hit Preview Post to check if I got the syntax right and the formula displays right. Then I realize I got one of the variables wrong, and it should be:
[tex]
V(t) = L\frac {dI}{dt}
[/tex]
However, when I Preview Post again, the image still shows
[tex]
V(t) = L\frac {dV}{dt}
[/tex]
And yet, when I mouse-over the image, it shows the correct V(t) = L\frac {dI}{dt} formula.

In other words, the picture and the updated formula don't match.

Is this a bug with the Latex system itself, Chrome, or might there just be something wrong with my browser settings somewhere?

Physics news on Phys.org
It's a well-known issue with LaTeX at PF.

Hi Jiggy-Ninja! :wink:

You need to click "Refresh" (on your browser) …

somehow that clears your cache, and then the preview shows the LaTeX correctly. :smile:

tiny-tim said:
Hi Jiggy-Ninja! :wink:

You need to click "Refresh" (on your browser) …

somehow that clears your cache, and then the preview shows the LaTeX correctly. :smile:
That works, thank you.

Thought it had something to do with caching.

1. What is "Solving ITex Trouble with Google Chrome Preview Post"?

"Solving ITex Trouble with Google Chrome Preview Post" is a common issue that users may encounter when trying to post on the ITex platform using Google Chrome. This issue may prevent the post from being submitted or cause errors during the submission process.

2. Why does "Solving ITex Trouble with Google Chrome Preview Post" happen?

The issue occurs because the preview feature in Google Chrome interferes with the ITex platform, causing conflicts and errors during the submission process. This can happen due to compatibility issues or outdated settings on the user's browser.

3. How can I solve "Solving ITex Trouble with Google Chrome Preview Post"?

To solve this issue, you can try disabling the preview feature in Google Chrome or using a different browser such as Firefox or Safari. You can also check for updates on your browser and the ITex platform to ensure they are compatible with each other.

4. Can I prevent "Solving ITex Trouble with Google Chrome Preview Post" from happening?

While the issue may not always be preventable, you can minimize the chances of encountering this issue by regularly updating your browser and ensuring it is compatible with the ITex platform. You can also try using other browsers or disabling the preview feature if it continues to occur.

5. Is "Solving ITex Trouble with Google Chrome Preview Post" a common problem?

Yes, it is a common issue that many users have reported. However, it can usually be resolved by following the steps mentioned above. If the issue persists, you can contact ITex support for further assistance.