PF PHOTO CONTEST - It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas (12/22-12/28)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
20 replies · 5K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
32,819
Reaction score
4,724
It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

This week, you have the freedom to interpret the theme anyway you want. So anything Christmas related qualifies.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanza, etc.

Zz.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Zz.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wow! It can't be that difficult to find something that fits into this theme.

Hopefully, after today, there'll be plenty of pictures.

Zz.
 
Dang, I'd love to but I have dial-up, plus got rid of the crappy HP software that resizes images for you.
 
Maybe everybody's busy drinking.. err, I mean celebrating Christmas.
 
santafoxy.jpg


Foxylady and Santa
 
Seeing as Hypatia just posted a pic straight to the forum, I'll do the same. Unfortunately it will probably be too big, so if it must be DQd for that reason, I'll live.Here it is...maybe...if this piece of junk decides to work.
 
Attachments
  • image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 456
binzing, read rules 2, 3.

physarrista: That's got to be the cutest Christmas tree I've seen!
 
Yes, Gokul, I did. It seems to have worked if you click that link. As I stated before, I don't have a size reducing program. I posted it anyways, because its a good photo for this kind of contest, and I rarely have a chance to take part in such events with my photos. (photography being one of my pasttimes)
 
hypatia posted a direct img-tagged link to picture location on an image upload server. What you've tried to do is include an attachment.

If you go to imageshack.us they will resize your picture to 640 x 480.
 
well the deed has been done, so doesn't really matter now
 
binzing said:
well the deed has been done, so doesn't really matter now

Why not?

You still have time to upload the picture as required and link it here. If you don't, it can't be included in the contest.

Zz.
 
OK, I used imageshack. Here's the link...I think...they had like 8 friggin' links to use.
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/5408/image0vw0.th.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
http://bikeflat.com/albums/christmas06/DSC_2463.sized.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
nice homey photos--hmm, hmmmm


hey, Z, you have a nice collection of rooster artwork---some look like they're old watercolors, or hand colored etchings?
 
rewebster said:
nice homey photos--hmm, hmmmmhey, Z, you have a nice collection of rooster artwork---some look like they're old watercolors, or hand colored etchings?

They're not mine. They belong to my "adopted" mom's in Iowa City.

A few were hand painted, but most are simply prints. She collects chickens and roosters "kitsch", and they're all displayed in the sun room where the picture was taken.

Zz.