Is This the Best LHC Rap Video Ever? :rofl::rofl:

• Thread starter G01
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lhc
In summary, the "LHC Rap Video" is a popular music video created by CERN in 2008 to explain the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) to the general public. It was created by physicist Kate McAlpine and her brother, science writer Alisa McAlpine, with input from CERN's communication team and LHC project members. The video was made to make the complex concepts of particle physics and the LHC more accessible and engaging to the public, and it gained popularity through its viral spread on social media platforms. It has also been used for educational purposes in classrooms and science education programs, as well as featured in documentaries and TV shows.
G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member

:rofl::rofl:

I think I am falling in love with the girl who wrote this song!:!)

EDIT: Linked to Ryan's video instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The sound is messed up on that one,

sounds much better IMO and a great promotion for the LHC. I found it as a featured article on Yahoo and since I first saw it almost a million others have viewed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am not qualified to make judgments on the quality of rap videos. However, I can appreciate the creativity and humor in this particular video, and I can see how it might appeal to a wide audience. It is always exciting to see science being portrayed in a fun and engaging way, and I commend the creators for their efforts. Ultimately, the best rap video is a subjective opinion and can vary from person to person.

1. What is the "LHC Rap Video"?

The "LHC Rap Video" is a music video created by CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, in 2008 to explain the purpose and function of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) to the general public.

2. Who created the "LHC Rap Video"?

The "LHC Rap Video" was created by CERN physicist Kate McAlpine and her brother, science writer Alisa McAlpine, with the help of CERN's communication team and various physicists and engineers from the LHC project.

3. Why was the "LHC Rap Video" created?

The "LHC Rap Video" was created to make the complicated concepts of particle physics and the LHC more accessible and engaging to the general public. It was also a way for CERN to promote the LHC and its research to a wider audience.

4. How did the "LHC Rap Video" become so popular?

The "LHC Rap Video" went viral on YouTube and other social media platforms, gaining millions of views and sparking discussions and debates about the LHC and particle physics. Its catchy beat, humorous lyrics, and clever use of visuals made it a hit among both science enthusiasts and the general public.

5. Has the "LHC Rap Video" been used for educational purposes?

Yes, the "LHC Rap Video" has been used in classrooms and science education programs around the world to introduce students to the LHC and particle physics. It has also been featured in science documentaries and TV shows, further spreading its educational impact.