Paul Newman Dies at 83 | Cancer Takes Legendary Icon

• Thread starter LowlyPion
  • Start date
In summary, Paul Newman, an iconic actor and philanthropist, passed away at the age of 83 due to cancer. He will be remembered for his great contributions to the film industry and his charitable work through his foundation. He was also known for his famous salad dressing, which inspired one person to eat a salad and twenty hard boiled eggs in his honor. Despite his passing, he will continue to be a source of inspiration for many. Rest in peace, Paul Newman.
LowlyPion
Homework Helper
Paul Newman succumbed to cancer today at the age of 83.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm going to eat a salad in his honor. a salad and twenty hard boiled eggs.

Oh man, he was one of the greats!

Silly, but one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite movies.

I had the hots for Katherine Ross for about twenty years after seeing this. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great guy he was. His foundation, helped so many youngsters achieve a better quality of life. A perfect legacy, in which he will be remembered for a long, long time.

hypatia said:
What a great guy he was. His foundation, helped so many youngsters achieve a better quality of life. A perfect legacy, in which he will be remembered for a long, long time.

I agree.

A life of Grace.

R.I.P.

tribdog said:

Cool Hand tribdog :biggrin:

tribdog said:

Have you planned to join him?

A great actor, person, man and a fine example and inspiration.

I happened to pass a shelf of Newman-O's and Fig Newmans in a local grocery store this afternoon.

My condolensces to his family and friends. He will certainly be missed.

Lisa! said:
Have you planned to join him?
keep wishing

1. How did Paul Newman die at the age of 83?

Paul Newman died from complications of lung cancer on September 26, 2008. He was 83 years old.

2. Was Paul Newman diagnosed with cancer?

Yes, Paul Newman was diagnosed with lung cancer in early 2008. He kept his diagnosis and treatment private until his death.

3. Did Paul Newman's cancer contribute to his death?

Yes, Paul Newman's lung cancer was a contributing factor to his death. He passed away peacefully at home surrounded by his family.

4. How did Paul Newman's death impact the world?

Paul Newman's death was felt by many around the world, as he was a beloved actor and philanthropist. His passing brought attention to the importance of cancer research and fundraising for the disease.

5. What was Paul Newman's legacy after his death?

Paul Newman's legacy includes his iconic roles in film, his philanthropy through the Newman's Own brand, and his impact on the community through his charitable work. He will always be remembered as a talented and generous individual.