Ever wonder what we were up to 25 years ago today?

• Thread starter Borek
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Years
In summary, the couple is still planning on having a large print made and hanging it over their bed in an oval frame, and they are both very excited for the upcoming silver anniversary. They also plan on celebrating it with a trip to Colorado.
Borek
Mentor
marcin_marzena.jpg

We have more, but we love the style of this one :rofl:

We still plan to make a large print and hang it over our bed in an oval frame :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Aaaaah, so sweet...that made me smile!

A big, big congrats to both of you :smile:!

Do you have any special plans?

Congratulations Marcin and Marzena :approve:

character0272.gif

http://www.thebestdesignercakes.com/images/prd_img/527~silver-anniversary.jpg

sign0008.gif

[PLAIN]http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/party/party0018.gif[ATTACH=full]196750[/ATTACH][/URL]

[PLAIN]http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/party/party0038.gif[ATTACH=full]196751[/ATTACH][/URL]

[PLAIN]http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/jumping/jumping0041.gif[ATTACH=full]196752[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]196753[/ATTACH][/URL]

[PLAIN]http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/party/party0011.gif[ATTACH=full]196754[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]196755[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]196756[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]196757[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]196758[/ATTACH][/URL]

character0093.gif
[PLAIN]http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/party/party0016.gif[ATTACH=full]196759[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]196760[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]196761[/ATTACH][/URL]

[PLAIN]http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/party/party0007.gif[ATTACH=full]196762[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]196763[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]196764[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]196765[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]196766[/ATTACH][/URL]
party0014.gif
party0008.gif
party0005.gif
character0108.gif
character0163.gif
character0148.gif
character0113.gif
character0112.gif
character0121.gif
character0179.gif
[PLAIN]http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/character0093.gif[ATTACH=full]196777[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]196778[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]196779[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• party0018.gif
    party0018.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 153
  • party0038.gif
    party0038.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 149
  • jumping0044.gif
    jumping0044.gif
    11 KB · Views: 157
  • jumping0045.gif
    jumping0045.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 158
  • party0002.gif
    party0002.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 152
  • party0011.gif
    party0011.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 142
  • party0011.gif
    party0011.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 163
  • party0002.gif
    party0002.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 145
  • party0002.gif
    party0002.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 156
  • party0013.gif
    party0013.gif
    637 bytes · Views: 155
  • party0031.gif
    party0031.gif
    1 KB · Views: 160
  • sign0011.gif
    sign0011.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 149
  • party0036.gif
    party0036.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 174
  • party0032.gif
    party0032.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 163
  • party0035.gif
    party0035.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 151
  • party0034.gif
    party0034.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 150
  • party0049.gif
    party0049.gif
    1 KB · Views: 150
  • character0283.gif
    character0283.gif
    841 bytes · Views: 162
  • character0242.gif
    character0242.gif
    600 bytes · Views: 174
  • character0221.gif
    character0221.gif
    132 bytes · Views: 142
Last edited by a moderator:
Borek said:
marcin_marzena.jpg

We still plan to make a large print and hang it over our bed in an oval frame :smile:

"Two lovers stand on an inclined plane ... what is the normal force exerted on..."Haha...just kidding. :biggrin: ('cause you're both at an angle...nevermind) Congrats Borek! :smile:

Congrats to both of you! Wow, you were a cute couple.

I don't have any wedding pictures. My first "wedding" was just a small thing at my husband's parent's house. He was a photogrpaher for NASA and forgot he had been doing infrared photography, so all of our pictures were in infrared.

Cute couple! Congratulations!

My wife and I will hit #35 in February.

Evo said:

I don't have any wedding pictures. My first "wedding" was just a small thing at my husband's parent's house. He was a photogrpaher for NASA and forgot he had been doing infrared photography, so all of our pictures were in infrared.

What was your reaction to finding that out?

Evo said:

Did you save them?

Congrats Borek. Bardzo przystojna para.

Last edited:
Evo said:
He was a photogrpaher for NASA and forgot he had been doing infrared photography, so all of our pictures were in infrared.

oh wow, were you celebrating with the lights go out?

CRGreathouse said:
Did you save them?
I don't have them, I have no idea if he saved any. I should have asked for them, I think it would be hilarious to look back on. My seond failed marriage was at the local courthouse during my lunch, no pictures. But I'll always have the memory of my new BMW's hood slamming down on my ex's head in the courthouse parking lot right after we married. No dear, it goes up the OTHER way, gust of wind, almost a widow after 10 minutes of marriage. (I had a wiring defect that would blow the engine fuse), that they finally fixed after this incident.

Congratulations! My wife and I just celebrated our 26th last month.

Congrats on putting up with each other so long! :biggrin:

Evo said:

"Were?" :biggrin:

:rofl: Oh, I think infrared wedding photos would be MUCH better than traditional ones.

Outstanding Borek. Congratulations. May you both have another 25 years together.

Congratulations. We're celebrating our 20th this year. That's china, so my wife will be going home to visit her relatives. 25th is silver. What are you getting each other?

My wife loved the picture, and jokingly said that Marzena looked like a cradle-robber, marrying that slip of a boy. ;-) And again congratulations. We had no wedding pictures because we got married by a JP in our living room with two witnesses. The JP was a friend of both of us, and she was the only one that "dessed up" with a skirt and jacket. The 4 participants in the ceremony were in jeans and T-shirts, and we had our champagne out of paper cups.

jimmysnyder said:
25th is silver. What are you getting each other?

I think that's when you give each other silver hair.

jimmysnyder said:
Congratulations. We're celebrating our 20th this year. That's china, so my wife will be going home to visit her relatives. 25th is silver. What are you getting each other?
Ooh! Silver must be a trip to Colorado. Steamboat Springs is lovely during ski season.

jimmysnyder said:

Just wait for the 41st. According to this site:

http://marriage.about.com/cs/anniversaries/a/wedannivideas_5.htm

The modern gift is "land".

But then by the 44th, expectations drop a little, as it is "Groceries".

Borek said:
marcin_marzena.jpg

Congrats! I can see why you're using a black-and-white photo, your green hair doesn't show that way :biggrin:

Thank you all :smile:

lisab said:
Do you have any special plans?

jimmysnyder said:
What are you getting each other?

Apart from small private celebrations we bought new wedding rings. In fact Marzena has lost her few years ago so that was occasion to ring her back :wink:

Moonbear said:
Congrats on putting up with each other so long! :biggrin:

Can't say we are not surprised :wink:

turbo-1 said:
My wife loved the picture, and jokingly said that Marzena looked like a cradle-robber, marrying that slip of a boy. ;-)

Tell Mrs. Turbo she is perfectly right. I am younger. By 1 day :smile:

Redbelly98 said:
Congrats! I can see why you're using a black-and-white photo, your green hair doesn't show that way :biggrin:

Psst, you got it wrong. I am using green wig to turn people attention from the fact I lost most of the hairs I had 25 years ago.

What a lovely photo. Give each other a hug from us, may you enjoy many years to come.

Evo said:
I don't have them, I have no idea if he saved any. I should have asked for them, I think it would be hilarious to look back on.

I wouldn't worry about it. You're so hot that you would totally obliterate anything else in an IR photo.
Borek, ol' pal, you've never looked lovelier. So who's the dude in the bow tie?

Borek said:
Psst, you got it wrong. I am using green wig to turn people attention from the fact I lost most of the hairs I had 25 years ago.

:rofl: congrats Borek...I can imagine what would happen after another 25 years?:biggrin:

ps. is your wife Marzena a PF member?

drizzle said:

Quiet one - she posts in photography contests only.

drizzle said:

Yes I am :rofl:

Borek said:
Quiet one - she posts in photography contests only.

are you not sure of that! she’s definitely one [and posts quiet great photos too :biggrin:]

Marzena said:
Yes I am :rofl:

ahaahaaaaaaaaaaa, I knew it!
nice to know that, and congrats to you too :smile:

Borek said:
marcin_marzena.jpg

All I can see in her eyes is; "What am I doing?", and in your eyes;"can we do it already!"

Good to know that you are both still doing.

Congrats!

Congratulations Borek and Marzena!1111

Marzena... at the risk of irritating the Incredible Hulk (or is it only his hair that turns green?), in that photo you are one of the most beautiful women that I've ever seen. I can only assume that you have become even more so with age.
And Borek himself, I must say, no longer looks like a condom in a wig. :wink:

1. What is the significance of 25 years ago today in scientific research?

25 years ago today marks a significant milestone in scientific research as it allows us to reflect on the progress and advancements made in the past quarter of a century. It also helps us understand how far we have come and the potential for future advancements.

2. How has technology changed in the past 25 years?

The past 25 years have seen a rapid advancement in technology, particularly in the field of scientific research. From the introduction of the internet to the development of advanced laboratory equipment, technology has greatly improved the efficiency and accuracy of scientific experiments.

3. What were some major scientific discoveries or breakthroughs 25 years ago?

25 years ago, there were several significant scientific discoveries and breakthroughs that have greatly impacted our understanding of the world. Some notable examples include the discovery of the first exoplanet, the identification of the gene responsible for cystic fibrosis, and the development of the World Wide Web.

4. How has the focus of scientific research changed in the past 25 years?

The focus of scientific research has shifted in the past 25 years to address current global issues such as climate change, disease prevention, and sustainable energy. There has also been a greater emphasis on interdisciplinary collaboration, leading to more comprehensive and innovative solutions.

5. How has the scientific community evolved in the past 25 years?

The past 25 years have seen a significant growth in the scientific community, with an increase in the number of researchers, institutions, and publications. There has also been a push for more open access to scientific information and a greater emphasis on diversity and inclusivity within the field.