Im looking for someone special

• Thread starter debrah
  • Start date
As a summary: In summary, the conversation revolved around the identity of tribdog, a member of the forum who has not been active for a long time. Pallidin shared a link to tribdog's YouTube channel, which caused confusion as to whether Pallidin was actually tribdog. It was clarified that Pallidin was not tribdog, but merely shared the link for the benefit of the original poster. The conversation also includes discussions about Google search results and the meaning of "channel poster."
debrah
he goes by the name tribdog has anybody talk to him please help

Physics news on Phys.org
He hasn't been here in a long time.

Did a Google search. Is this him?

http://www.youtube.com/user/tribdog

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I think that's Susan Boyle. Good singer, though.

BobG said:
No, I think that's Susan Boyle. Good singer, though.

Not the singer, the Channel Poster!

pallidin said:

No, the person that posted that youtube channel is you. What are you talking about?

Shouldn't this thread be moved to Relationships?

MotoH said:
No, the person that posted that youtube channel is you. What are you talking about?

Open that link up again and look near the upper left corner.
The YouTube channel poster is someone named tribdog.

See it? That's NOT me. I don't even have a YouTube channel.

I only posted a link here in PF to someone ELSES channel in YouTube. get it?

pallidin said:
Open that link up again and look near the upper left corner.
The YouTube channel poster is someone named tribdog.

See it? That's NOT me. I don't even have a YouTube channel.

I only posted a link here in PF to someone ELSES channel in YouTube. get it?

pallidin said:

Yeah, I do get it. You posted a youtube channel so you are the Channel Poster

MotoH said:
Yeah, I do get it. You posted a youtube channel so you are the Channel Poster

I posted the LINK. I am not the AUTHOR of that link channel.

Jeeze, so if I post a LINK to Microsoft am I automatically the AUTHOR of that link content ?

If you can't get the VERY CLEAR difference, then, well, nevermind.

Read everything again, and see if you get it. I am not explaining this one.

MotoH said:

Forget it. I posted my suggestions for the OP. I am no longer interested in your bizarre ramblings. Apparently you know nothing about either YouTube or how embedded LINKS work here or on any web-site forum. Later...

I will not further respond to you on this as of NOW.
Have a nice day.

It definitely should be moved to Relationships. I see a relationship in a making.

pallidin said:
Forget it. I posted my suggestions for the OP. I am no longer interested in your bizarre ramblings. Apparently you know nothing about either YouTube or how embedded LINKS work here or on any web-site forum. Later...

I will not further respond to you on this as of NOW.
Have a nice day.

Hey, you aren't tribdog.

Borek said:
It definitely should be moved to Relationships. I see a relationship in a making.

Maybe its his baby momma, I'm a firm believer of 'deny, deny, deny,' until subpoenaed, anyway :biggrin:

MotoH said:
I'm afraid I don't get you either. The Youtube page I see is tribdog's. That's what it says.

Thank you Dave.

Jeeze, it's REALLY NOT HARD TO UNDERSTAND.

I am NOT the AUTHOR of http://www.youtube.com/user/tribdog . Tribdog is !
I, pallidin, merely posted a link to his channel for the hopeful benefit of the OP.

How much of 1+1=2 is not understood?

pallidin said:
Thank you Dave.

Jeeze, it's REALLY NOT HARD TO UNDERSTAND.

I am NOT the AUTHOR of http://www.youtube.com/user/tribdog . Tribdog is !
I, pallidin, merely posted a link to his channel for the hopeful benefit of the OP.

How much of 1+1=2 is not understood?

But.. what IS tribdog? Are you implying you are tribdog?

Dont flaunt numbers, I was told 0! = 1! I still haven't recovered from that.

cronxeh said:
But.. what IS tribdog? Are you implying you are tribdog?

How is he implying anything? Clearly, after the OP asked for tribdog, Pallidin simply Googled "tribdog" and found that hit, so he's brought it here.

BTW, tribdog is a long-standing member here at PF. Haven't seen him in a looong time.

DaveC426913 said:
How is he implying anything? Clearly, after the OP asked for tribdog, Pallidin simply Googled "tribdog" and found that hit, so he's brought it here.

If he knew he was tribdog and that he had a youtube page and that it would show up on google search, then ergo, he is tribdog

QED

Good God ALMIGHTY!

Thank YOU ! Dave speaks the truth.

cronxeh said:
If he knew he was tribdog and that he had a youtube page and that it would show up on google search, then ergo, he is tribdog

QED

Or... or!

...he simply Googled tribdog and that hit came up. Zany!

Strangely, a Google of tribdog brings up the YouTube page as its number 1 hit.

(Maybe we need to introduce some of these PF newbies to this newfangled thing we call Google, whaddya say Pallidin?)

DaveC426913 said:
Or... or!

(Maybe we need to introduce some of these PF newbies to this newfangled thing we call Google, whaddya say Pallidin?)

I know what a tribdog is, used to be a funneh member. Where is he anyway..

DaveC426913 said:
Or... or!

Dave, I seriously couldn't stop laughing after no-one but you would get this very simple help moment. Really! My wife kicked me out of the house for a few moments. I could not stop laughing.
This is classic, Dave, hope it's saved...

Let us review.

When you write something in a thread, and hit the "reply" button. That is called a post. You made a post that contained a youtube channel. Therefore, following logic, you are the channel poster and tribdog is the link of the youtube user channel you posted

Got it?

lol this is hilarious...MotoH made a pretty vague and bad joke...but people are taking him seriously...XD

MotoH is only arguing semantics (e.g. what does Channel poster mean; either the person who created the channel, or the person who posted about the channel), you need not pay attention, he understands very well that the creator of the Youtube Channel is not pallidin.

Likes gracy
motoh said:
let us review.

When you write something in a thread, and hit the "reply" button. That is called a post. You made a post that contained a youtube channel. Therefore, following logic, you are the channel poster and tribdog is the link of the youtube user channel you posted

got it?
oy!

Since we're arguing over semantics anyways and nobody's actually failing to understand the other, how can a post contain a channel? How can tribdog be a link? How can you post a channel?

Successful troll is successful.

Lord help me...

ideasrule said:
Since we're arguing over semantics anyways and nobody's actually failing to understand the other, how can a post contain a channel? How can tribdog be a link? How can you post a channel?

Look at this link: http://www.youtube.com/user/tribdog

Do you see the word "channel" anywhere? Yes!

MotoH said:
Let us review.

Got it?

So, let me get this straight. If I posted a picture of Farrah Fawcett, that makes me a Farrah Fawcett poster?

farrah-fawcett-poster.jpg

Ha ha. No, seriously. You are totally wrong MotoH.

Of course it does, Dave. You provided the link, thus, YOU ARE THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR!
...apparently in some minds, that is...

pallidin said:
Of course it does, Dave. You provided the link, thus, YOU ARE THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR!
...apparently in some minds, that is...

I'm a Farrah Fawcett poster? In that case, I fold, spindle and mutilate myself...

(What's a poster got to do around here to get a thread locked??)

DaveC426913 said:
(What's a poster got to do around here to get a thread locked??)

Mash the "report" button and give a really, really, really good reason? Just a guess. But there it is.