3rd right foot washes up on BC beach

• Thread starter fourier jr
  • Start date
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I think it's a mutant beaver
:rofl: Maybe it's trying to drum up business for wooden legs it's making?

DrClapeyron
They have 6 unmatching feet and they think they can somehow rule out foul play just because they weren't cut off?

THat seems to be more the of the journalist's agenda -- they too must toe the line.

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It seems the Achilles heel of this thread is a propensity for puns.

DrClapeyron
Honestly guys, stop the puns before this thread is given the boot.

DrClapeyron
Sorry, that last one had been used already, I feel sort of defeeted.

Now we are on the right track.

George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
sixth foot = hoax

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/06/19/bc-foot-no-human.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be interesting to see the actual footage.

morphism
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Perhaps it's time for them to bring in some real investigators? It doesn't sound like they have the brightest bunch working on this case if that's what they truly think.
Yes, it does seem like they're stumped.

Size 12 sneakers, hmmm. Sounds like part of a soccer team that has been defeeted....They realy need to get a good detective to look at this case, someone who can really get a toehold on the facts, look at the bare bones of the case and plod thru and not be disjointed by the bizzare facts.jmho.

Danger
Gold Member
I think it's a mutant beaver
Does this mean an end to pussy-footing around?

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Does this mean an end to pussy-footing around?
...oh my god...:rofl:

Knock it off, Danger, I'm at work here! I can't be giggling!

TUBERAT
Missing Feet And Ocean Currents

This is my first time on this board, but i felt this is the place to come for definitive information about ocean currents, surface or otherwise.

You may have read in the news about the severed feet turning up in the east of canada near Vancouver.
My theory is that they may be being washed down from either the polar region using a surface current, or that they are washing in from russia using the North Pacific current.

CAN YOU HELP PLEASE.
Thank you.

Hey, they finally got a matching pair!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080710.wfeet0710/BNStory/National/home [Broken]

DaveC426913
Gold Member

This is my first time on this board, but i felt this is the place to come for definitive information about ocean currents, surface or otherwise.

You may have read in the news about the severed feet turning up in the east of canada near Vancouver.
My theory is that they may be being washed down from either the polar region using a surface current, or that they are washing in from russia using the North Pacific current.

CAN YOU HELP PLEASE.
Thank you.
I think the prevailing theory is far more likely - that they're all from victims of the plane that crashed in the vicinity a few months before the first foot showed up. Theory goes that there's been some dredging there recently and it likely disturbed the ocean bed.

TUBERAT
That is true, BUT....

....After analyzing DNA samples from the feet and members of the crash victims' families, police determined the feet did not belong to Arnie Feast or Fabian Bedard, two of four people who went missing after the crash.

The DNA from the family of brothers Doug and Trevor DeCock is still being analyzed, said Linteau.

The DNA tests tell little else about the feet's original owners, said forensic scientist Dean Hilderbrand. The type of analysis being used, the most common DNA test among North American law enforcement, does not indicate the race of the subject or the date of death, he said.

TUBERAT
This is what first got me interested

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jun/21/canada

This is the bit i like, never mind the cops, just ask a local

.........Back at Westham Island, the man who found foot number five has few doubts about its origin.

"This is coming down from the river, no question about it," he said. "There's someone doing this all right. Think about it: if they tied a chain around someone's ankle and threw them overboard, the foot would just pop off. That could explain it. Maybe they got a lot of bodies stored up in a container and they got washed out. We don't know. There's a lot of stuff goes on over there," he added, nodding toward the city.

One person's misfortune, however, did bring him some reward.

"This is private property you're on," he said. "We've had just about everything here the last couple of days, helicopters, boats, TV. We even took a photograph and sold it to the TV for $800. If they can afford to fly people around the world to look at this, there must be some money for a photograph.":rofl:

George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
One DNA identification.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/07/19/bc-foot.html [Broken]

It was from a missing person, which rules out graverobbers just doing it for the spectacle.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Here's (possibly) another one. Not in British Columbia, but just a bit to the south, in my little corner of the world - Washington State.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26000882 [Broken]

Deputies say on Friday, a woman found what looks like a foot inside a sneaker near Jim Creek, about 30 miles west of Port Angeles.

"When we say a foot it's kind of a speculation at this point," Det. Sgt. Lyman Moores said Sunday. "What it was is it was a sock inside the shoe that appeared to contain decomposed flesh. We don't know at this point whether that's animal, whether it's human, or what it is."

Sorry to jump in late, and this joke has prolly already been made, but what it it was only from two people one with TWO RIGHT FEET and another right foot from somebody else?

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Honestly, binzing, I've lost count :redface: ! There have been so many feet washing up in this part of the world lately. Seems we hear about one every other week or so. Only two of the feet have been identified as coming from the same person.