50 MPH in a wheelchair in front of a truck

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Truck
In summary, the 21-year-old man's wheelchair became lodged in the front grill of the truck as he was leaving a gas station. The truck driver then proceeded to travel west on Red Arrow Highway at speeds of approximately 50 mph. The other callers to 911 managed to keep themselves under control, but the woman in the story was very vocal and seemed to be having an orgasm.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
...As the truck was leaving a gas station, the 21-year-old man wheeled his chair in front the vehicle and the wheelchair became lodged by its handles in the front grill of the truck. The unwitting truck driver then proceeded to travel west on Red Arrow Highway at speeds of approximately 50 mph.[continued]
http://woodtv.triton.net/news/phoner/Wheelchair 911multiple.mp3- 911 calls
http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6623359&nav=0Rce

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh great! Now everybody's going to want to try that.

that just made my day. I'm glad he was not hurt.

Danger said:
Oh great! Now everybody's going to want to try that.

:rofl: That's what I was thinking... Well, look at it this way: We always need good Darwin Award nominees.

Can you imagine what that poor guy was going through? What a terrifying experience!

Amazing he didn't get hit by anything.

:rofl::rofl: Wow this guy must have been scared to death! It's a funny story but I do feel kinda bad for him, at least he wasn't hurt.

Im surprised. If the wheelchair was stuck at any kind of angle, the consequences wouldn't be too good at 50mph...

Glad he's okay and everything, but jeez, that Jen person was incredibly annoying! I have new respect for 911 operators to have to listen to people so incoherent. The other callers seemed able to keep themselves under control enough to explain the situation, but you'd have thought Jen was the one stuck to the truck the way she was freaking out. :rolleyes:

:rofl:...

Moonbear said:
Glad he's okay and everything, but jeez, that Jen person was incredibly annoying! I have new respect for 911 operators to have to listen to people so incoherent. The other callers seemed able to keep themselves under control enough to explain the situation, but you'd have thought Jen was the one stuck to the truck the way she was freaking out. :rolleyes:

I agree, that woman is annoying. They should drag her in a wheelchair. :grumpy:

Is she having sex or giving birth? This woman needs to see a shrink.

Last edited:
It really was not his time to die. Cause there is no road here that as smooth as he discribes, so it had to be fate.

cyrusabdollahi said:
I agree, that woman is annoying. They should drag her in a wheelchair. :grumpy:

Is she having sex or giving birth? This woman needs to see a shrink.

To be fair, as far as she is concerned, she is witnessing someone being dragged screaming to their death.

so was everyone else calling 9-1-1. Listen to the lady right after her, she's says, "Someone is being dragged" -the end.

She is like, ohhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhh, uhhhhhhhhh, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, moan, uhhhhhhhhhhhh. Is she having an orgasm? :tongue2:

Even the guy in the chair wasnt screaming that much.

Last edited:
Someone was talking about this on the radio this morning - and playing the Benny Hill theme while describing it!

Math Is Hard said:
Someone was talking about this on the radio this morning - and playing the Benny Hill theme while describing it!

:rofl: SO WRONG!

Math Is Hard said:

That is evil!

http://woodtv.images.worldnow.com/images/6623359_BG2.jpg

Come on now, look at this poor guy. Thats messed up to laugh at him like this. We should be ashamed.

cyrusabdollahi said:
http://woodtv.images.worldnow.com/images/6623359_BG2.jpg

Come on now, look at this poor guy. Thats messed up to laugh at him like this. We should be ashamed.

......:rofl::rofl:.....I mean...:mad::mad:evil shouldn't laugh....can't...help...it!...situation...to...comical...AHHHHHHHH!...:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dude, he's in a wheel chair though.

Sigh, I know...but still I'm not laughing at him. It's really more about laughing at the situation itself. I do feel kinda bad for him, but the situation is really ridiculous.

"I'm Johnny Knoxville and this is highway wheelchair"

Good thing nobody was hurt :smile:

ShawnD said:

:rofl: Stop it, so wrong...

ShawnD said:

I could DEFINITLEY see those guys doing this!

If you read the story that went along with it, it almost sounds like he had the time of his life with this! :rofl: He's telling reporters it was like a carnival ride, while that Jen person was going into hysterics.

Evo said:
Amazing he didn't get hit by anything.

He's lucky he didn't do something like that out here on a day like we had on Tuesday.

Travelling down the highway at over 50 mph.
The wind blowing more than 50 mph.

Tumbleweeds!

That was a great way for him to charge up his wheel chair batteries hopefully it won't catch on though.

1. How is it possible for someone in a wheelchair to reach 50 MPH in front of a truck?

While it may seem unlikely, there are actually motorized wheelchairs that are designed for high speeds. These specialized wheelchairs use powerful motors and lightweight materials to reach speeds of up to 50 MPH.

2. Is it safe to travel at 50 MPH in a wheelchair in front of a truck?

While it can be dangerous to reach such high speeds in a wheelchair, it is not recommended to do so in front of a truck. It is important to always follow traffic laws and use caution when operating a motorized wheelchair.

3. What precautions should be taken when traveling at high speeds in a wheelchair?

When traveling at high speeds in a wheelchair, it is important to wear protective gear such as a helmet and pads. It is also crucial to have proper training and experience operating the motorized wheelchair.

4. Can anyone reach 50 MPH in a wheelchair or is it only possible for certain individuals?

Not everyone is capable of reaching 50 MPH in a wheelchair. It requires a specialized motorized wheelchair and the physical ability and skill to operate it safely. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional before attempting to travel at high speeds in a wheelchair.

5. Are there any laws or regulations regarding traveling at high speeds in a wheelchair?

In most places, there are no specific laws or regulations regarding traveling at high speeds in a wheelchair. However, it is important to follow all traffic laws and use caution to ensure the safety of yourself and others on the road.

Back