80s Music: Discovering Good Tunes for a Blast from the Past

• Music
  • Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary: And Then There Were None, New Orleans is Sinking, SeptemberIn summary, Jon Butcher is a great 80's rocker. My favorite of his is Holy War, where he does some rather unique guitar playing.
I was trying to make a joke.

EXPLANATION:

The joke was that if you substitute the name Joshua with the word "lemon", then you get the title of an obnoxious hit made by the German group Fool's Garden a few years ago.

POSTSCRIPT:
Yes, I know:
It wasn't much of a joke, but it wasn't much of a song, either..

<h2>1. What are some popular genres of 80s music?</h2><p>Some popular genres of 80s music include new wave, synthpop, hair metal, hip hop, and pop rock.</p><h2>2. What are some iconic artists from the 80s?</h2><p>Some iconic artists from the 80s include Michael Jackson, Madonna, Prince, Bon Jovi, and Whitney Houston.</p><h2>3. How did technology influence 80s music?</h2><p>Technology played a significant role in shaping 80s music, with the rise of electronic instruments like synthesizers and drum machines. This led to the creation of new sounds and styles, such as synthpop and new wave.</p><h2>4. What are some defining characteristics of 80s music?</h2><p>Some defining characteristics of 80s music include the use of electronic instruments, the popularity of music videos, and the incorporation of elements from different genres like disco, funk, and punk.</p><h2>5. What are some must-listen 80s songs?</h2><p>Some must-listen 80s songs include "Thriller" by Michael Jackson, "Like a Virgin" by Madonna, "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi, "Sweet Child o' Mine" by Guns N' Roses, and "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson.</p>

Related to 80s Music: Discovering Good Tunes for a Blast from the Past

1. What are some popular genres of 80s music?

Some popular genres of 80s music include new wave, synthpop, hair metal, hip hop, and pop rock.

2. What are some iconic artists from the 80s?

Some iconic artists from the 80s include Michael Jackson, Madonna, Prince, Bon Jovi, and Whitney Houston.

3. How did technology influence 80s music?

Technology played a significant role in shaping 80s music, with the rise of electronic instruments like synthesizers and drum machines. This led to the creation of new sounds and styles, such as synthpop and new wave.

4. What are some defining characteristics of 80s music?

Some defining characteristics of 80s music include the use of electronic instruments, the popularity of music videos, and the incorporation of elements from different genres like disco, funk, and punk.

5. What are some must-listen 80s songs?

Some must-listen 80s songs include "Thriller" by Michael Jackson, "Like a Virgin" by Madonna, "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi, "Sweet Child o' Mine" by Guns N' Roses, and "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson.

Back