A dart player, standing 3.2m away from the darboard thorws a dart horizontally

1. a dart player, standing 3.2m away from the darboard... thorws a dart horizontally....

A dart player, standing 3.2m away from the dartboard, throws a dart horizontally at a speed of 12.4m/s. How far from the bull's eye(where the player aimed) did the dart stirke?

Answer: dy=0.326m (give a direction...

i don't get it, if you could show me how you got it, i've been trying and trying to solve it, but it doesn't work....

help is grealy appreciated , thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Re: a dart player, standing 3.2m away from the darboard... thorws a dart horizontally

Well first consider the time it takes to hit the dart board..

then consider the vertical movement of the object (hint: what is the dart's initial vertical velocity?) and think gravity (constant acceleration......)... then how far it moved (vertically) in the time it takes to strike the dartboard...

can't say much more or I'd be giving the answer away....

4. Re: a dart player, standing 3.2m away from the darboard... thorws a dart horizontally

oh, ok thanks i got it from here.
    :]

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?