A mind excercise inside videogames

• Thread starter Number_21
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mind
In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of a NPC in a video game, specifically GTA XII, becoming self-aware and wanting to understand the world they live in. They decide to build a physics laboratory to investigate the physics of their simulated world and potentially uncover the source code of the game. However, this would be considered a bug by the game's creators and could potentially lead to glitches or game errors.
Number_21
Let's suppose that I am a small man into a video game, like a NPC into GTA.
Let's suppose that I am into GTA XII, with a very very advanced AI governing me.
I am a very passionate NPC and I want to understand more about the world that I see everytime that I steal a car and go to a mountain to see the sun and the clouds.
I am living into a simulation, a software, but I am not aware of this. I just want to understand what the light is. So, with all the money that I have, I decide to build a physics laboratory (always inside the world of GTA XII) and investigate the physics of the world I live into.

What do I see? Will I find the same photons that we do all find in the "upper" world?
Do I, at a certain point of my research, find the code that the programmer in the "upper" world wrote?

These are my questions just to practice the brain. Would I find into GTA Advanced Reasearch Labs the same Quarks that we find here?

Physics news on Phys.org
You would find a "physics" that was far simpler than that of our world in some ways, but more complex in others. You would uncover the source code of the game you were in, and could possibly discover ways to make the game glitch, or even lock up.

The makers of the game would consider this a bug, and try to limit you to the things that make sense in the GTA storyline. It would also be a bug because being able to think those thoughts would consume far more CPU power then any modern system could manage. If it were some future system, then self-aware NPCs would already be understood well enough to prevent you from subverting the purpose of the game.

Wow, this is a really interesting concept! As an internet forum user, I can't help but be intrigued by your NPC's curiosity about the world they live in. It's definitely a thought-provoking question - would an NPC in a video game have the same understanding of physics as we do in the "upper" world?

In terms of what you would see in your physics laboratory, it's hard to say for sure. It really depends on how advanced the AI is in GTA XII and how accurately it simulates the world. If it is truly advanced, then you may find the same photons that we do in the "upper" world. However, if it's not as advanced and only simulates the appearance of light, then you may not find the same photons.

As for finding the code of the programmer in the "upper" world, that's a bit more complicated. It would depend on how the simulation is set up and whether or not the NPC has access to the code. If the NPC is able to access the code, then they may be able to understand their world on a deeper level. However, if the code is hidden or inaccessible, the NPC may never know the true nature of their reality.

And as for finding quarks in the advanced research labs, it's possible but unlikely. If the simulation is truly advanced and accurately simulates the laws of physics, then it's possible that quarks exist in the world of GTA XII. However, if the simulation is not that advanced, then quarks may not exist in that world.

Overall, these are fascinating questions to think about and it definitely exercises the brain. It's amazing to think about the possibilities and limitations of a simulated world. Who knows, maybe one day we will have the technology to create a simulation as advanced as GTA XII and these questions will become more relevant. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

1. What is a mind exercise inside videogames?

A mind exercise inside videogames refers to the use of video games to stimulate and challenge the brain, with the goal of improving cognitive abilities such as memory, problem-solving, and decision-making.

2. How do mind exercises inside videogames work?

Mind exercises inside videogames work by presenting players with various challenges and tasks that require them to use their critical thinking skills and mental agility. These games often have levels of increasing difficulty to continually challenge the player's mind.

3. What are the benefits of mind exercises inside videogames?

The benefits of mind exercises inside videogames include improved cognitive abilities, increased focus and attention, enhanced problem-solving skills, and better memory retention. These games can also provide a fun and engaging way to exercise the brain.

4. Can anyone benefit from mind exercises inside videogames?

Yes, anyone can benefit from mind exercises inside videogames. These games can be played by people of all ages and can be especially beneficial for older adults looking to maintain and improve their cognitive abilities.

5. Are there any potential risks or downsides to mind exercises inside videogames?

While mind exercises inside videogames can have many benefits, it is important to remember to take breaks and not overdo it. Spending too much time playing these games can lead to eye strain and fatigue. It is also important to choose games that are age-appropriate and to monitor screen time.