A Single (one hit) Google Search Result

• Thread starter OilCanBill
  • Start date
In summary, a single (one hit) Google search result is the topmost result that appears when conducting a search on Google. It is the most relevant and popular result based on the search query entered, and is typically the first link that users click on when looking for information. This single result is determined by Google's search algorithm, which takes into account factors such as website authority, keywords, and user engagement to rank webpages. With the vast amount of information available on the internet, having a single hit on Google can greatly increase the visibility and credibility of a website or webpage.
OilCanBill
How did you find PF?
Google search result for an old electronic part. Google came up with just ONE hit ... Physics Forums > Engineering > Electrical Engineering. After reading the thread I realized that the participants think and communicate like many of the scientists and engineers that I know.
I stumbled upon this forum by way of a single Google search result hit while seeking information on an old electronic part. I searched on the exact part number and Google came back with a link to a thread under Physics Forums > Engineering > Electrical Engineering. After reading the thread I realized that the participants think and communicate like many of the scientists and engineers that I have known and still respect deeply. Finding skilled communicators in the sea of mostly useless internet posting is a breathe of fresh air.

Likes berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
W
OilCanBill said:
Finding skilled communicators in the sea of mostly useless internet posting is a breathe of fresh air.
Indeed it is. It is why most of us are here. The moderators here do a great job of winnowing out the trash.

Welcome to the forum.