A2 level physics evening classes?

In summary, Neil is looking for schools or colleges in the UK that offer A2 level physics as an evening class. He has found a few options through a Google search, but is also asking for recommendations from others. The suggestion is made to contact a local Further Education College or consider an Open University course.
NeilU
(one for the UK people)

Does anyone know of schools or colleges that offer A2 level physics as an evening class? I did the AS a couple of years ago, enjoyed it and would like to take it to the next level. The only problem now is that I am working full time, so am looking for evening classes. I've done a google search and a few have turned up, namely Warwickshire, Southwark and Loughborough - wondering if people on here know of any more?

Thanks,

Neil

Physics news on Phys.org
NeilU said:
(one for the UK people)

Does anyone know of schools or colleges that offer A2 level physics as an evening class? I did the AS a couple of years ago, enjoyed it and would like to take it to the next level. The only problem now is that I am working full time, so am looking for evening classes. I've done a google search and a few have turned up, namely Warwickshire, Southwark and Loughborough - wondering if people on here know of any more?

Thanks,

Neil

You are probably best off contacting your local Further Education College, even if they don't offer the course, they are likely to know somewhere that does. The other alternative is a Foundation Degree, where again your local FE College is most likely to know something.

1. What is the purpose of A2 level physics evening classes?

The purpose of A2 level physics evening classes is to provide students with advanced knowledge and understanding of various concepts in physics. These classes are typically taken by students who have completed their A-levels and wish to pursue a career or further studies in physics.

2. Who can attend A2 level physics evening classes?

A2 level physics evening classes are open to anyone who has completed their A-levels or equivalent qualifications. They are also suitable for individuals who have a strong interest in physics and wish to gain more knowledge and skills in this subject.

3. What topics are covered in A2 level physics evening classes?

The topics covered in A2 level physics evening classes may vary depending on the specific course and institution. However, some common topics include electricity and magnetism, thermodynamics, quantum mechanics, and astrophysics. These classes also often include practical experiments and demonstrations to enhance understanding.

4. How long do A2 level physics evening classes typically last?

The duration of A2 level physics evening classes can vary, but they typically last for one to two years. Some institutions may offer shorter or longer courses, depending on the intensity and depth of the material covered.

5. What are the benefits of taking A2 level physics evening classes?

There are several benefits to taking A2 level physics evening classes. These include gaining advanced knowledge and skills in physics, preparing for further studies or a career in this field, and enhancing problem-solving and critical thinking abilities. These classes also provide an opportunity to network with other students and professionals in the field of physics.