Abundance and mass spectrum of PBH

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
koulbichok
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello. I'm trying to study primordial black holes for my work, but I still can't understand what are abundance and mass spectrum? Could you explain? Thanks in advance.
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Abundance is how many there are, and mass spectrum is a measure of how abundant black holes of different masses are.
 
kimbyd said:
Abundance is how many there are, and mass spectrum is a measure of how abundant black holes of different masses are.
Yes, I know that abundance is how many there are, but it’s calculated as the integral of the Gaussian probability density and this isn’t a number of black holes. Where I am wrong
 
koulbichok said:
Yes, I know that abundance is how many there are, but it’s calculated as the integral of the Gaussian probability density and this isn’t a number of black holes. Where I am wrong
The result should be either a number or mass density. But you'll need to provide more context if you want a good answer to your question.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Orodruin and jim mcnamara