Mett Messages 1 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Sep 16, 2008 #1 I have a slurry at pH 2. How much CaO must I add to adjust pH to 9.5 Slurry is in H2SO4 medium
Borek Mentor Messages 29,213 Reaction score 4,643 Sep 16, 2008 #2 pH 2 gives you initial concentration of sulfuric acid, pH 9.5 gives you information about excess CaO that have to be added...
pH 2 gives you initial concentration of sulfuric acid, pH 9.5 gives you information about excess CaO that have to be added...
symbolipoint Homework Helper Education Advisor Gold Member Messages 7,803 Reaction score 2,207 Sep 16, 2008 #3 Start by calculate concentration of H2SO4 using the given pH, and use simple stoichiometry to find how much CaO; then add some excess until pH 9 (calculating this theoretically I'm not sure). Should be easy in practice.
Start by calculate concentration of H2SO4 using the given pH, and use simple stoichiometry to find how much CaO; then add some excess until pH 9 (calculating this theoretically I'm not sure). Should be easy in practice.