Adult games [not for the young or timid]

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Games Young
In summary, ABC reported tonight that adults are taking up their favorite childhood games again. They are fast, fun, and follow National Dodgeball Association guidelines and equipment.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
ABC reported tonight that adults are taking up their favorite childhood games again.

Remember when you played this as children? Well, it?s back with a new twist. It?s fast! It?s fun! This 10 week session will follow National Dodgeball Association guidelines and equipment. Teams are picked by lottery each week and Park staff will officiate.
http://www.boonecountyky.org/parks/Programs.aspx?ProgramID=15

You're Never Too Old for Dodgeball
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory?id=1638246

Kickball leagues for adults
http://www.underdogseattle.com/kickball/

Jump Rope Videos and DVDs
For decades, fitness professionals have known about the unparalleled benefits of rope jumping.

Ropework Jump Rope Workout Video
http://www.centralhome.com/ballroomcountry/jump_rope_workout_video.htm

Of course in the year 2006, we can jump rope without the rope
http://www.jumpsnap.com/?gclid=CKnpodS08ocCFRznYAod53_zfw

Staring contests
http://www.boredgourd.com/activity/333/staring-contest.html
http://www.sjerk.clara.net/violet/bkstare/staring.html

Now where did I put my sidewalk chalk?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Just what the hell is 'dodge-ball' anyhow? It sure never existed up here when I was a kid. From what I've seen, it looks like some inverse/perverse version of 'keep-away'. :confused:

I think it is where people throw balls at you... and you have to dodge them.

Although I think we played such that you can either catch the ball or dodge it.

That last staring link made me chuckle.
http://www.sjerk.clara.net/violet/bkstare/staring.html

Where is the screamer?

...huh?

Any page with people staring at you has to have a screamer in it somewhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_prank#Screamers

The Subliminal message one it talks about was the one I first saw a screamer in, now I've seen so many I've almost got a sense for screamers :P.

Ah, I nearly soiled my pants because of one of those... :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
Although I think we played such that you can either catch the ball or dodge it.
That was the version we played. If you catch the ball with your hands, you're still "in" and if you got hit by it somewhere else, you were "out" and there was just one ball in play (it really worked mostly based on little kids not having developed good throwing and catching skills yet). I never minded so much, because I was never very good at or interested in those types of games, so I was quickly targetted and got to sit and watch for the rest of the gym class.

I saw a version with adults playing, and it was downright violent! That ball had to hurt when it hit, and they had multiple balls in play all at once. I think there's a reason they stop playing that game in gym class once kids are old enough to throw well!

Yeah, I sat out most of them too, Moonbear. But I really had an aversion to being smacked with a large rubber ball; I just wasn't much of a fan of that. And some of those kids had strong throwing arms. It was never one of my favourite games. Come to think of it, Red Rover was about on par in the "oh joy, that game again" department.

Ahh, Dodge-ball, no doubt one of the greatest games ever! We played with the catch-rule and one ball, as MB stated. We also played such that once a person was hit they went to the space behind the opponents side, and if the ball went out of bounds, the people who were out could throw the ball back in and get someone else out. I remember one time I got the coach out, and then later in the game, when our team had just two people left, the coach got the ball out of bounds, and I signaled for him to throw it at me. I tried to catch it, but instead was left with some nice red marks on my arms :rofl: I blame not catching the ball on my teammate that was hiding behind me. I was a little crouched over, and when the coach threw the ball, my teammate kind of pushed off my back as he jumped, which I believe messed up my catch.

Strange to remember such a thing.

Danger said:
Just what the hell is 'dodge-ball' anyhow? It sure never existed up here when I was a kid. From what I've seen, it looks like some inverse/perverse version of 'keep-away'. :confused:
Keep-away always seemed a little perverse to me :rolleyes:

You can count me in with the intentional hit crowd for dodge-ball. It was more fun to watch.
I only recall it being played at one of the schools I went to though.

Screamers are kinda fun.
Just be prepared anytime there is some variation of
"Pay close attention" :tongue2:

NoTime said:

You can count me in with the intentional hit crowd for dodge-ball. It was more fun to watch.
I only recall it being played at one of the schools I went to though.

Screamers are kinda fun.
Just be prepared anytime there is some variation of
"Pay close attention" :tongue2:

Yeh or "Turn up your sound because this site/flash/movie/game is really hard to hear"

or "Turn up your sound because the guy talks really softly and it's hard to hear"

NoTime said:
Keep-away was never an actual game we played. It was more of the thing you did when someone you didn't like asked if they could join your game and the teachers or parents wouldn't let you say "No."

Dodge ball is more fun with a few modifications:

1] Reverse the process. The guy in the centre is the one trying to dodge, the people around him are the ones throwing balls.
2] Replace the balls with frisbees.
3] Put multiple frisbees in play.
4] To give the victim a fighting chance, give him a hockey stick.

You have never seen a normal human being make such a concerted attempt to become 2-dimensional at a moment's notice.

hahaha let's try it
When you talk hockey do you mean field or ice?

rhuthwaite said:
hahaha let's try it
When you talk hockey do you mean field or ice?
Please. Do I look girlie? I don't think any of my male friends have ever had a field hockey stick in their hands.

I play field hockey!
There no ice rinks where I live think (there is one in the whole country)

Moonbear said:
Keep-away was never an actual game we played. It was more of the thing you did when someone you didn't like asked if they could join your game and the teachers or parents wouldn't let you say "No."
:rofl: Well, to my knowledge it was never an authorized game.
But, I would agree with your definition.

I've also remember it referred to as "Monkey in the middle"

NoTime said:
I've also remember it referred to as "Monkey in the middle"
Okay then... ours was the reverse of that. "Piggy in the Middle" was the version of Keepaway where the guy in the middle of the circle tried to intercept the ball being passed amongst the circle members. (And no hand-offs allowed; you had to pass to someone who was reasonably close to being diametrically opposed in the circle.)

I use to play that one hated being in the middle though cos I was so short

I am waiting for "Smother the Mother" to come back. Although, I doubt that many of my friends would want to pick that game up these days.

DaveC426913 said:
Dodge ball is more fun with a few modifications:
4] To give the victim a fighting chance, give him a hockey stick.

Or a Border Collie. :<)

There were two versions of dodgeball that we played. One was the circular firing squad already described. The other was a race in which balls were fired at you from the sides. If you got hit, you were out of the race, so there was no guarantee that anyone would complete the course.

1. What are adult games?

Adult games are video games that are designed for players who are 18 years or older. They often contain mature themes, explicit content, and strong language.

2. Are adult games only for mature audiences?

Yes, adult games are specifically designed for players who are 18 years or older. They are not suitable for children or those who are easily offended by mature content.

3. What types of games fall under the category of adult games?

There are various types of adult games, including visual novels, dating sims, role-playing games, and puzzle games. They can range from being purely sexual in nature to containing mature themes and storytelling.

4. Are adult games harmful to players?

As with any form of media, the impact of adult games can vary from person to person. However, it is important for players to understand that these games are not meant to be taken as reality and should be played in moderation.

5. How can I find and play adult games?

There are many platforms and websites that offer adult games for purchase or download. It is important to carefully research and choose a reputable source to ensure the safety and legality of the games. It is also important to follow age restrictions and guidelines set by the game's developers.

Back