Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Complaint Advertisement obscuring some boards in the forum

1. Oct 13, 2011 #1

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Some of the boards of forums in physicsforums are becoming obscured from one of the advertisements. The ad doing this where I am is First 5 California; maybe other visitors are seeing this same problem with a different advertisement? The problem here is occurring at least with Google Chrome, and with Firefox 6. I do not yet remember if this happened when I used Internet Explorer.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 13, 2011 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

4. Oct 13, 2011 #3

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

There was an advertisement showing in that link, but it was a different product or service than the "First 5 California" one which was disturbing my view.

Currently at the moment, I am using I.E. 9 with Windows Vista, and the problem does not seem to be happening. I'll keep checking with these conditions for a few more tries.

5. Oct 13, 2011 #4

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Here is the same thing happening again, through Firefox version 6.02, Windows Vista.
    (uploaded as attachment).

Actually this was not obscuring too badly, maybe depends on resolution and magnification on the other machine to some extent, but at least the picture shows a representation of the problem.

Attached Files:

6. Oct 13, 2011 #5

Borek

Staff: Mentor

I was referring to the problem described in the thread, not to the picture you could see when following the link, sorry for not being precise.

But it is Greg who has to see your screenshot.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook