1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Advice for young man considering Physics?

1. Aug 2, 2014 #1
    I'm an Ghanaian-American 14 year old and since I was 8 I've wanted to become a biomedical engineer but as I did more research I am much preferring Physics specifically Experimental Particle Physics but I don't really know how to get started so does anyone have advice of how to get started in physics

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 2, 2014 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Welcome to PF;
    You are just hitting the stage where people start to specialize - your starting point will be your High School courses.

You need maths and general science - at the senior level you want to be doing physics sure, and maths subjects with calculus. Algebra is good, so is statistics.

It is 5 years before you need to go more advanced, but you should keep your eye out for physics-type things.
    Probably the best thing to can develop at this stage is critical analysis and inquiry skills.
    A lot of what you do else will depend on what your school does and doesn't do... if you are in the USA, that can vary quite a lot.

4. Aug 2, 2014 #3
    Thank you for the advice sir

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook