1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Advise appreciated: Somewhat lost in life.

1. Dec 16, 2007 #1
    Here's the quick story...

I'm 23, and went to work full-time after graduating high-school. (Mistake, I know).

Part of me thought of becoming a pilot, and in fact I did at least earn my private certificate this past summer. But, the way flying is, it's a long road financially, and once you do get a job, the pay is somewhat meager. All in all, I think I'd rather fly for recreational purposes. So, doing it for a living is currently on the back burner.

What I do know is that I WILL, without question, be starting college next fall.

I'm seriously considering going after electrical engineering. I know I am smart enough to do it, if I apply myself. That I know.

My question is, what can I realistically expect, as far as initial pay, if I do obtain a BS in EE???

I just feel like I need to be making around $60,000/year, not the ****ty $35,000 I'm making now.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks you.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 16, 2007 #2
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?