Aliens with Control over Gravitons in the KHz Range

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of aliens possessing the ability to emit and interact with gravitons at frequencies similar to human hearing. The speakers speculate on the potential uses and effects of such a skill, including the ability to sing and create destructive vibrations. There is also a discussion on how such abilities could potentially affect sound in different environments.
cuallito
See my previous post! https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/do-gravitons-have-frequency-like-photons.957146/

Let's say we had some aliens that had the ability to emit/interact with gravitons with frequency roughly in the range corresponding to human hearing (20Hz-20KHz), and that they had an energy source that could generate them with sufficient magnitude. What could they do with that ability?

Physics news on Phys.org
300 Hz it around 1,000,000 meters wavelength.

I suppose you could sing anthems with that skill. No one else would hear it but they would.

I assume gravitons are meant to transmit the "gravitational force", so if you can fluctuate the gravitational force with AC signals, wouldn't mass then vibrate along with it?

With enough power this could be extremely destructive, going around hitting resonant modes of things.

stefan r said:
300 Hz it around 1,000,000 meters wavelength.

I suppose you could sing anthems with that skill. No one else would hear it but they would.

Strong enough, and we should be able to hear.

Since gravity has the same effect as acceleration, it'll ~ feel and do like everybody in the beam sitting on the membrane of a giant speaker
rock.gif

Attachments

• rock.gif
    rock.gif
    1 KB · Views: 389
snorkack said:
Strong enough, and we should be able to hear.

I believe the eardrum is co-moving. You would not hear the direct signal. You can hear a Doppler shift in a passing car. There is no change in someone's voice when you talk to them inside the car.

I am not sure if you could get interference in echos. If you were in an amphitheater the sound quality might change. The amphitheater may need to be 1000 kilometers scale building.

1. How do aliens have control over gravitons in the KHz range?

It is believed that aliens may have advanced technology that allows them to manipulate gravitons, which are theoretical particles that are thought to be responsible for the force of gravity.

2. What is the significance of controlling gravitons in the KHz range?

Having control over gravitons in the KHz range would allow aliens to manipulate gravity, which could potentially give them the ability to travel through space at incredible speeds and manipulate the environment on a large scale.

3. How can we detect aliens with control over gravitons in the KHz range?

Currently, there is no known method for detecting aliens with control over gravitons in the KHz range. However, scientists are constantly researching and developing new technologies that may one day allow us to detect these advanced beings.

4. Is there any evidence of aliens with control over gravitons in the KHz range?

There is currently no concrete evidence of aliens with control over gravitons in the KHz range. However, there have been numerous sightings and reports of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) that may potentially be linked to these advanced beings.

5. What implications would aliens with control over gravitons in the KHz range have on humanity?

If aliens with control over gravitons in the KHz range do exist, it could have significant implications for humanity. It could potentially lead to advancements in technology and space travel, but it could also pose a threat if the aliens have hostile intentions towards humanity.