All recent threads locked

• Bug
  • Thread starter Jahnavi
  • Start date
In summary, "All recent threads locked" means that all recent discussion threads on a particular topic have been closed or restricted from further comments or activity. This could be due to various reasons such as reaching a predetermined number of comments, violating community guidelines, or being deemed no longer relevant or necessary for ongoing discussion. However, the locked threads can still be read and existing comments and responses can be viewed, unless they have been completely removed. The length of time that threads remain locked varies depending on the reason for locking and the platform or forum's policies. Some threads may be unlocked after a certain amount of time has passed, while others may remain locked indefinitely. Whether or not a user can request for a locked thread to be unlocked depends on the platform
Jahnavi
Hello Admins ,

There seems to be some problem in "Engineering and Computer Science Homework " sub forum as all recent threads from 26th Nov till today are locked .

This was not the case few hours back when I was participating in a couple of threads which I had initiated .

Please look into this .

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
The problem is resolved . All the threads are unlocked now .

Thanks

Didn't seem intentional, so I opened them again.

Likes dextercioby

1. What does "All recent threads locked" mean?

"All recent threads locked" means that all the recent discussion threads on a particular topic have been closed or restricted from further comments or activity.

2. Why are all recent threads locked?

The threads may be locked for various reasons, such as reaching a predetermined number of comments, violating community guidelines, or being deemed no longer relevant or necessary for ongoing discussion.

3. Can I still read the locked threads?

Yes, you should still be able to read the locked threads and view the existing comments and responses, unless they have been completely removed.

4. How long will the threads remain locked?

The length of time that threads remain locked can vary depending on the reason for locking and the platform or forum's policies. Some threads may be unlocked after a certain amount of time has passed, while others may remain locked indefinitely.

5. Can I request for a locked thread to be unlocked?

It depends on the platform or forum's policies. Some may allow users to request for a locked thread to be unlocked if they have a valid reason, while others may not have this option available.