1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Alonso & Finn Physics answer key

1. May 16, 2009 #1
    Hey does anyone know how extensive the answers included in the back of the book are? I want to check to ensure its enough for self study. Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. May 18, 2009 #2
    They give the answers (not solutions) to the odd-numbered problems, which I think is normal for first year texts. Anyway, it's an excellent book, so get it anyway. You shouldn't be bothered getting an old edition that suites your pocket.

4. May 18, 2009 #3
    Great, that's good enough for me. Thanks again, ill be sure to buy the book, be it an old or new edition.

5. May 18, 2009 #4
    by the way qspeechc is the new version, the one with all three topics included in one book, the same as the older edition seperate books?

6. May 19, 2009 #5
    I have an old one, from the 70's, and it's one book. I have "Physics" and not "Fundamental...". My doesn't seem to be the same as this one on amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/Physics-Marc...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242760395&sr=8-1
    because mine only has about 800 pages, whereas that one has 1000 plus, and ludicrously expensive!!!! They don't seem to list the book I have.

Ah! Yes they do! Get it quick, it's the last one, and cheap too!
    https://www.amazon.com/Physics-Wss-...=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242760395&sr=8-4

EDIT: the newer one is basically the same as the older one I have, just one or two more chapters, space motion and some other wave topic, radiation I think, and some extra notes. I wouldn't be bothered getting the old one I linked above, the omitted chapters are not important.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  7. May 19, 2009 #6
    Hey thanks a lot for the heads up on amazon!! Got me the last one.

BTW Its looks to me that the three separate volumes of "Fundamental...." have been combined into one large textbook called "Physics".

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook