An Empirical Inductive Method.Applied to a Panpsychism Model of Consciousness

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
121 replies · 25K views
Les Sleeth said:
My theory is that it would show something like the alpha state, and so not really reflect what is going on inside. But of course I don't know. It would be fun to submit to tests to find out. :smile:
:smile: I don't have any more questions- for now. Thanks again.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
honestrosewater, I thought you might find this http://www.pnas.org/cgi/content/full/101/46/16369" .
I'm not certain if these mediation techniques are similar to Les's practice of union. What you will see is that there are basically two stages to the mediations one consists of a visualization and the other is the experience of "nothingness". Both of these states corespond to two very distinct brain states and i would suspect the latter may be similar to union. The experience of nothingness is the highest aim of these mediatators, this state is apparently hard to describe but is often thought of as experiencing the very base state of conciousness. In any case there definitely is a very observable effect in the brain for these meditators. Personally I don't know how much it means to me that we can observe different brain states in meditators especially if you see conciousness as not being physical.
 
Last edited by a moderator: