Antinatalism....thoughts on it?

• Thread starter houlahound
  • Start date
In summary, antinatalism is the belief that people should not have children because they believe that the pain and suffering that children experience is a natural and necessary part of life. They argue that by not having children, we can help to speed the process of extinction and reduce the amount of pain and suffering in the world.
houlahound said:
Maybe you should get schools to teach mandatory courses in self harm to build character.

You realize you are saying this to a group of people who majored in math and physics? :-p:-p

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm curious to know how one would consent or deny consent to be born. What/where are you before you are born?

Before you were born, you were a fetus.
My son was born a month early, so a late term unborn cold be functional in a survival sense.
Communication with the new born is limited however.
You might be getting smiles, eye looks, or something like that from them,
but they would not understand complex concepts like "Do you want to be not born?"

Right. No one has a choice whether or not they want to be born. That decision is up to the parents. So, if you wants kids you can either conceive or adopt. If you don't, put a sock on it. Those are my thoughts on antinatalism. Also that it's a rather pointless discussion. Since none of us choose to be born, go do some good in the world and make it a better place to live.

Likes OmCheeto
Tsu said:
Also that it's a rather pointless discussion. Since none of us choose to be born, go do some good in the world and make it a better place to live.
And that's a good place to end this thread.

Likes phinds, OmCheeto and Tsu