Any experience with Alesis XGuitar's FX editing capabilities?

• Music
  • Thread starter cronxeh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary, the person wants an analog synth because they think it sounds better than digital. They are not too experienced with music production, but they like Aphex Twin's work.
cronxeh
Gold Member
Ok let's start a nice little conversation for amateur or professional producers out there. I'm interesting in Alesis XGuitar - anyone have any experience with it? Particularly I'd like to know the FX editing capability - what exactly can you downlink to it and how do you edit any effects?

Also if anyone used Alesis Micron or Korg Microkorg. I have Reason 3 and MIDI input but I'd like an affordable analog synth. If anyone has any experiences with the hard let me know please

Science news on Phys.org
I'm an amateur composer.. does that count?

I was wondering - what makes you want an analog synth rather than a digital? Is it the sound quality?

I'm not too experienced with music production myself.

Jelfish said:
I'm an amateur composer.. does that count?

I was wondering - what makes you want an analog synth rather than a digital? Is it the sound quality?

I'm not too experienced with music production myself.

Well the fat analog bass just sounds better. I mean you could play around with effects on digital but its just not the same. But aside from that I just need a MIDI controller, and a combination of the analog synth with MIDI keyboard in one is great.

Although if you are skilled you'll pull it off - listen to Aphex Twin, he uses digital sampler with effects, and his song Come To Daddy sounds very analog but its all digital.

Bump! Come on I need some musician's input

I'm taking a class in computer music next semester when I'll be using Reason. I hear it's kind of confusing, but a very good program (as many good programs are nowadays).

Um.. yeah. I'd start some conversation but I don't want to change your topic since you asked a question. So as it stands, this is also a *bump*

Although if you are skilled you'll pull it off - listen to Aphex Twin, he uses digital sampler with effects, and his song Come To Daddy sounds very analog but its all digital.

Ahh a man with similar taste as me :-)

Analogue really does sound far better than digital...

Sounds like musics isn't popular around here! :frown:

Although Aphex Twin does do a lot with Digital, he also makes fantasic Analogue Acid.. Ever heard any of the Analogue Bublebath stuff or his new Analord series.. Prolific.. ;-)

Related to Any experience with Alesis XGuitar's FX editing capabilities?

What does "Music makers looky here" mean?

"Music makers looky here" is a phrase commonly used in the music industry to grab the attention of musicians or music producers. It is often used to highlight a new product, opportunity, or event that may be of interest to those in the music field.

Who typically uses the phrase "Music makers looky here"?

The phrase is most commonly used by individuals or companies involved in the music industry such as music equipment manufacturers, music event organizers, or record labels. It is also used by musicians themselves to promote their own work or projects.

Is "Music makers looky here" only used in a specific genre of music?

No, the phrase can be used in any genre of music as long as it is related to the music industry. It can be used in reference to rock, pop, country, electronic, or any other type of music.

What types of things might be promoted with the phrase "Music makers looky here"?

The phrase can be used to promote a wide range of things such as new music equipment, music festivals or concerts, music industry workshops or conferences, music releases, or any other opportunities that would be of interest to music makers.

Why is the phrase "Music makers looky here" effective in the music industry?

The phrase is effective because it grabs the attention of those in the music industry who are constantly on the lookout for new opportunities, products, or events that can help them further their careers. It also creates a sense of urgency and excitement, making people more likely to check out what is being promoted.