Any other good sources on the Lamb shift other than Wikipedia?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
10 replies · 2K views
raracon
Messages
35
Reaction score
14
TL;DR
Good sources not wiki
Title says it all :)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Seems likely
1634383630731.png
 
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
phinds said:
Seems likely
View attachment 290771
Yea, I've been lookkng through lots. But can't find reliable ones. I tought maybe one of you guys would know one
 
raracon said:
Summary:: Good sources not wiki

Title says it all :)
Actually, it doesn't.

What do you want that's not there? Otherwise it will turn into us guessing and you saying "no, that's not it".
 
Vanadium 50 said:
Actually, it doesn't.

What do you want that's not there? Otherwise it will turn into us guessing and you saying "no, that's not it".
Well I am searching for a source, where the Lamb shift is explained in a rather short manner (not going into too much detail).

Other than that I would like to have a better structure in my head, like having a good definition of the Lamb shift and what does it consist of (self energy etc.)
 
berkeman said:
@raracon don't like none of that. Especially the link to the Nobel lecture by Lamb...

View attachment 290803
Yeah, that is why I am searching for stuff not related to the Wikipedia article. :)
 
raracon said:
Well I am searching for a source, where the Lamb shift is explained in a rather short manner (not going into too much detail).
OK, now we're getting somewhere. You want something that is:
  1. Shorter than the Wikipedia article.
  2. Requires less background than the Wikipedia article.
  3. More complete than the Wikipedia article.
That gives people guidance, which is good. However, it is quite possible that no such text exists.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and vanhees71