Anyone else living paycheck to paycheck?

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
In summary: You're paying too much for heat + electricity. See if your area utility has a year-round payment plan. You can live w/o cable; for internet switch to...In summary, your expenses are: -$433 rent-$135 student loan-$125 heating-$65 cable/internet-$55 electricity-$30 water-$50 phone
yea me I am on disability and live on only $640.00 a month

Physics news on Phys.org
turbo-1 said:
BTW, hitch-hiking with long hair and a knapsack wasn't all that safe here in 1970. I've dodged beer-bottles on the road and have hit the woods trying to avoid car-fulls of rednecks. Luckily, I ran cross-country all through HS, and could outrun practically anybody intent on making an example of me. One night at the Madison Legion hall, I was surrounded by most of that town's football team after the quarterback's girlfriend and I hit it off. I chose the most likely target, stomped on his instep, and ran over him. The last pursuer gave up at about a quarter-mile, and I only had to walk home about 20 miles. She was REALLY cute!

Well, to be honest with you, I've spent my fair share of time living pay-check to pay-check as well. When I started out in college I was at the rare age of 18 with nothing but lint and napkins in my pockets. I started working in the local gymnasium as a janitor cleaning out toilets and garbage cans in order to pay the bills. Unfortunately I still wasn't hardly making enough to pay for my books and tuition at the same time. So I moved to wee little dungy place that sat in a back alley several miles from the university. The apartment was little more than a coat closet. In fact, I heard it was renovated from an old mustard cooler that the restaraunts used to use back in the grand 40's. So I slept in this tiny room which was just barely big enough to hold a single (3 ft wide) bed. My legs couldn't stretch out all the way so I actually put a board slanted up against the wall, that way, if I slept on a slant I could get an extra foot or so of leg room. Unfortunately this created huge problems where I'd wake up in the middle of the night with a pounding headache from all the blood rushing to my head. Couple of times I woke up screaming my lungs out and all the nearby cats and homeless men in the alley would just go berserk.

Anyways sorry I'm losing track here friend but don't worry you'll make it through! Just take those janitorial jobs like none of them other suckers want to take. If I made it this far I promise you will too!

I've slowed my spending on art, most paintings and other types of art, due to higher heating, electric, food, etc costs.

budget, budget, budget

Back