• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Anyone good with English? Need help with personal statement.

• Thread starter AngeloG
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

My English is poor and I need someone to look over my personal statement. I'm planning to transfer colleges so I can get into a program with civil and environmental engineering =).

If you could PM me or give me contact info that would be nice.

Thanks!

Answers and Replies

mathwonk
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
if this example is indicative, your english is fine. besides it is better if your statement sounds like you and not someone else. for this last reason i will not review your statement.

I would agree to help you but unless you plan to write something more in-depth and complicated than the english you have presented, mathwonk is correct in saying that your english is fine. I tutor english occasionally when I am in the english department, so I have some slight experience.

However, if you really need help, I will be glad to help.

I just need help with a few rules and grammar questions :).

Like how do I show grades in essays? Should classes/courses be capitalized or uncapitalized?

An example:
A key example would be my Composition I course. I received an average of ninety-five on all of my essays. The problem is: I wasn’t in class to do a lot of the “peer grading” for in class participation points. I received a C grade for the class; even though I produced A level work.

Last edited:
That seems fine, but why are you talking about specific classes in your *personal statement*? Does it ask that?

I'll be glad to review your statement when you're done.

exp
can you help me?

I am a Slovak student applying for a university in UK. I am not sure if my personal statement is right, well-written. It would be great if someone helped me. Is there anybody?