1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anyone good with English? Need help with personal statement.

1. Jan 31, 2007 #1
    My English is poor and I need someone to look over my personal statement. I'm planning to transfer colleges so I can get into a program with civil and environmental engineering =).

If you could PM me or give me contact info that would be nice.

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 1, 2007 #2

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    2015 Award

if this example is indicative, your english is fine. besides it is better if your statement sounds like you and not someone else. for this last reason i will not review your statement.

4. Feb 1, 2007 #3
    I would agree to help you but unless you plan to write something more in-depth and complicated than the english you have presented, mathwonk is correct in saying that your english is fine. I tutor english occasionally when I am in the english department, so I have some slight experience.

However, if you really need help, I will be glad to help.

5. Feb 3, 2007 #4
    I just need help with a few rules and grammar questions :).

Like how do I show grades in essays? Should classes/courses be capitalized or uncapitalized?

An example:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  6. Feb 3, 2007 #5
    That seems fine, but why are you talking about specific classes in your *personal statement*? Does it ask that?

I'll be glad to review your statement when you're done.

7. Nov 27, 2007 #6

exp

can you help me?

I am a Slovak student applying for a university in UK. I am not sure if my personal statement is right, well-written. It would be great if someone helped me. Is there anybody?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?