Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Medical Anyone knows much about neurorobotics

1. May 1, 2009 #1
    Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone knows much about neurorobotics

What i am trying to do is get a off the shelf system which can scan the brain for brainwaves for certain thought in which i can interface with a system i have created and to trigger it.
    From what i understand there are a few existing easy to interface systems. One system i know of commercially is the;
    http://emotiv.com/ which is the EPOC but this would be a expensive and complex system for what i need it for.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

link

2. jcsd
  3. May 2, 2009 #2
    Re: NeuroRobotics

You need a digital, non-medical electroencefalogram (EEG). I remember seeing one a few months ago that can be used with a computer game, although I think it may be the same thing you put a link to. What do you want to do with it? If you want it to react to one specific thought, then it probably won't work. What these things do is pick up on certain general brain states- whether you're asleep or awake or if you're calm or thinking hard. It can pick up on a few other general points, but is often quite difficult to use. It is impossible for it to read people's minds.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook